Four Swords Questions.

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Gagarin, Jun 5, 2010.

Jun 5, 2010

Four Swords Questions. by Gagarin at 4:54 AM (1,159 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I want to play that game but I have questions about it:
    - If I will get link cable and two gameboys, can we play that game? Or you need four people or gamecube for that?
    - When you play the gamecube version, how do you save in the game? I played like three times for 1 hour and I always had to stop from beginning?
    - There is no any hack to play it by yourself?

2. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The GBA game that was included in Link to the Past is entirely stand alone and was the predecessor to the Gamecube. It only functions with two+ GBAs and multiple carts.

It saves levels that you've completed and stats. Each level is short and intended to play pretty quickly considering it's multiplayer on a handheld.

I know of no hacks but I would love to hear about it if one is ever developed. There are GBA emulators which support multiple carts but the couple I tried all listed Zelda: Four Swords as unsupported and wouldn't work. If that's changed between then and now, it's the best and probably only option.

3. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thanx dib, That's a nice info!
    I tried GBALInk emulation (modified gba emulator) and No$gba to play it but could not go through, but authors claim that it is possible to play it on.

How about saving in Gamecube version? How come I could not save in it?

4. Taik

Member Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    IIRC beat a level to save

5. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
    I was trying GBA to dolphin BUT IT NEVER FKING WORKS! I tried playing fourswords..... multiplayer on dolphin, if you find out how to do it please show! and tell!