OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
The mysterious downloadable DS version of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords will have an entirely new single-player mode, Nintendo announced today.

Until now, all we knew about Four Swords was that it's an updated version of the four-player adventure that originally sat alongside A Link to the Past on the Game Boy Advance - except this time we can play through it without those ancient and troublesome Link Cables. New stages and abilities will unlock once the main quest is done.

You can download Four Swords on DS, DSi or from the 3DS eShop from the 28th September until the 20th February next year.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1194010p1.html

QUOTEMr. Miyamoto announces The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anni. Ed. as free DL for Nintendo DSi and Nintendo #3DS on 9/28. #3DSConf2011
https://twitter.com/#!/NintendoAmerica/...462985825067008

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice i just wish it had online play but local's fine if you want to be couch buddies with your friends...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pointless. I thought Nintendo finally realized not everyone(read as: most people) has someone to play with these games. I'd say give it wifi, but it can't without having it's own wifi friendcode system, the way the DS/DSi does it. No way it can access the 3DS's, after all...

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
tlyee61 said:
nice USN format.

It always happens. During big events, as soon as people hear of something, they make a quick post that basically says "dibs, will add info later." And nothing happens.

There isn't even much info on this. Nintendo says it on their Twitter, I link to it.

Soooo...

"and nothing happens"? Oh, lol. Look at the Dragon Quest thread I made, or even all the other thread I made. I update them as soon as more info comes in. lol @ complaining about calling "dibs" and saying that nothing will happen later.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
ShadowSoldier said:
tlyee61 said:
nice USN format.

It always happens. During big events, as soon as people hear of something, they make a quick post that basically says "dibs, will add info later." And nothing happens.

There isn't even much info on this. Nintendo says it on their Twitter, I link to it.

Soooo...

"and nothing happens"? Oh, lol. Look at the Dragon Quest thread I made, or even all the other thread I made. I update them as soon as more info comes in. lol @ complaining about calling "dibs" and saying that nothing will happen later.

"Calling dibs" is still against the rules, last I checked. There's been more info on this, you know. Look it up before being hasty and breaking rules.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dude

The mysterious downloadable DS version of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords will have an entirely new single-player mode, Nintendo announced today.

Until now, all we knew about Four Swords was that it's an updated version of the four-player adventure that originally sat alongside A Link to the Past on the Game Boy Advance - except this time we can play through it without those ancient and troublesome Link Cables. New stages and abilities will unlock once the main quest is done.

Source

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a horrible news. User submitted news should be moderated.

QUOTE said:
In honor of the 25th anniversary, Nintendo is offering a free classic game for a limited time. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition will be available to download between Sept. 28, 2011, and Feb. 20, 2012. Fans can download the Nintendo DSiWare™ version of the game using their Nintendo DSi™ or Nintendo DSi XL™ systems, or by accessing the Nintendo eShop with a Nintendo 3DS system (wireless broadband Internet access is required for download). The game allows up to four players who have downloaded the game to play cooperatively and has also been enhanced with a new single-player mode. Unlike the original, all multiplayer game play is handled wirelessly. Once players finish the main quest, they will unlock new stages and abilities to expand the game’s replay value.

Source: Nintendo Press Release

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finally, I can play this game. I never had the extra players to do it before.
Even better is it's getting the four swords adventures treatment and letting you play it by yourself, hooray.

Actually I never cleared the gamecube title either, I should do that some time.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I need to get a cheap DSi since my DSL broke. So many DS games I want to play. D:

I also remember the long ass wires needed to play together with FF:CC and this game, aha.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet again another multilayer game i get to play by myself, as i am the only person in my state who actually owns a 3ds... besides the snobbs behind the counter at gamestop.... sheesh.... stop adding local wifi and not online!!!!!!! they have enough multiplayer games they should start a ninty network like xbox and playstation so friends can play all over.....instead of titles having to front the server....

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
RupeeClock said:
Finally, I can play this game. I never had the extra players to do it before.
Even better is it's getting the four swords adventures treatment and letting you play it by yourself, hooray.

Actually I never cleared the gamecube title either, I should do that some time.

I didnt think it was worthy of interest either because it REQUIRED you to play with people... and with GBAs. It was unlikely to happen that I would stumble upon a friend that has the same taste in video games (liking video games to begin with) and that would own a GBA etc. etc.

eventually when I became Shaun's room mate well we played it together and we LOVED it !
one of the funniest moment in video games I've (we've) ever had.
I love that game but yeah you don't often find yourself in a situation where you have the possibility to even play the game.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah but now we can play single player, the new mode.

I might play 2 player co-op with myself :wtf: dl the game on my DSi and 3DS

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anyone that has a DSi/XL.
ohnoes.png

They could at least make it like Amazing mirror so you can play with CPUs when no one is around...

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
gotta ask a serious question.........

my DSi is firmware 1.4.1 (firmware RIGHT before SudokuHax memory exploit was patched)

AceKard has Alex Rider for icon

I have Sudokuhax but not the newest final one...

should I update so I can get the freebie gem?
unsure.gif

kinda don't want to miss out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte