Hacking Four new people paid off by Nintendo in the HackerOne program

D

Deleted User

Oh, you're right. But first, the flashcarts still need to get developed and made, maybe mass-produced.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When you buy something, it becomes your property, and unless you do illegal shit, you can do anything you want with your system.
You think it does, but it doesn't. It's up to company if they decide to restrict you. block you or ban from their services completely for violating their shit. They also can refuse repairs if your device has been modified in an unknown way/altered. This same goes for phone companies etc.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think it does, but it doesn't. It's up to company if they decide to restrict you. block you or ban from their services completely for violating their shit. They also can refuse repairs if your device has been modified in an unknown way/altered. This same goes for phone companies etc.
The service is their property, the system is fully yours and only communicates with the services that the manufacturer provides.

Reactions: whateverg1012

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're doing the right thing, everybody needs money and experience.
I'm happy for them and give them full support.

Wall of shame my ass.
"Doing the right thing"...
Maybe for Nintendo's side, but for us, who don't want to pirate and only want to have a little more freedom with our systems, it is a wall of shame.

D

Deleted User

Maybe for Nintendo's side, but for us, who don't want to pirate and only want to have a little more freedom with our systems, it is a wall of shame.
Stop bitching. If these type of people wouldn 't exist, we would have hacked bank accounts, forum accounts and god knows what else.
This isn't a wall of shame but a wall of pride. They help system to develop into something other than bugged trash.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it was full of people selling exploits that were not theirs, then it would be a "wall of shame".

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop bitching. If these type of people wouldn 't exist, we would have hacked bank accounts, forum accounts and god knows what else.
This isn't a wall of shame but a wall of pride. They help system to develop into something other than bugged trash.
It seems like you like bending my replies. Of course, security exploits involving bank accounts should never go unreported.

A console should only be fully hacked to enable homebrew and piracy near the end of its life cycle, otherwise it'll cause an impact with game devs in general.
The last time that happened was with the Dreamcast.

Reactions: Xabring

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They also can refuse repairs if your device has been modified in an unknown way/altered. This same goes for phone companies etc.

That is actually wrong according to EU. They must repair the hardware, but they aren't force to fix the software if you modify it. But say you drill a whole in your Dock and it breaks. Then the customer most really prove it aint their fault.

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is actually wrong according to EU. They must repair the hardware, but they aren't force to fix the software if you modify it. But say you drill a whole in your Dock and it breaks. Then the customer most really prove it aint their fault.
Oh, I didn't actually know about that even though I'm from EU.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Their program is really stupid. All they are doing is encouraging more people to try to hack it so that they can earn money.
It's not really stupid. Nintendo wants to patch vulnerabilities. One of way of doing so is making others look for them, and then paying those people.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

So just because you want to hack your systems to do shit you can already do elsewhere, then they're monsters?
Nintendo made the Switch for a purpose and they can control what people do with it. If you want a device that does whatever you want it to do, don't get a Switch, it's that simple.
I wish we could use the Switch for more, but it's just how it is. It's been like this since the beginning of gaming, mainstream hacking is a recent thing.

Why don't you go looking for exploits and develop homebrew? I'm pretty sure if you found an exploit and were offered cash to say what it is, you'd do it.
Don't feel bad for it, it's money.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't matter. They will prevent you from playing homebrew games. Via system updates. Its not illegal having homebrew. Doesn't mean Nintendo is okay with it

No, but hackers do what Nintendont, so... like removing region locking from the Wii U and 3DS (which region locking is horseshiz).

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, but hackers do what Nintendont, so... like removing region locking from the Wii U and 3DS (which region locking is horseshiz).
Although the Switch doesn't have region lock and your games are finally tied to your NNID.

Don't assume stuff you have no idea about. Maybe I don't have money for something that already does this stuff, because I spent it on my Switch, because I want to play games with it. You talk about how important money is and then say that I should do this stuff elsewhere. How about this laptop for 500$? Or this tablet for 200$? Maybe this phone for 250$? No thank you. I want to be able to play games on the go and watch movies.
Everyone these days has a smartphone, use that for your movies.

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally disagree. It´s up to the hackers either they want to get paid (lots) of money or submit to a most of the time toxic and shitty community.
It all comes down to selfishness and finances. Yes, that was a pretty bold claim, but why don't you go and disagree with other people who say it is a wall of shame?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0