Homebrew Found this video online, is it real?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if you just buyed it, or have another 3ds to backup it, it's not a problem
True, but when you have that savegame written to your cart (or an eShop download), while it's in effect, you have no way to play Smash with that particular copy. The thing about regular Smashbroshax is it allows you to play the game as per usual, 100% through, and until the end of time, while still acting as an exploit. This exploit, along with others, does not allow you to play the game and use the exploit simultaneously.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, more exploits are always good period!
Edit: and what is it with Smash being an exploitable game? I mean seriously, Melee, Brawl, & 3d (twice apparently) are all exploitable. For all we know 64 is exploitable too but noone cares about 64 homebrew. Smash U is probably exploitable too.

Last edited by Swiftloke,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Either way, more exploits are always good period!
Edit: and what is it with Smash being an exploitable game? I mean seriously, Melee, Brawl, & 3d (twice apparently) are all exploitable. For all we know 64 is exploitable too but noone cares about 64 homebrew. Smash U is probably exploitable too.
smash already is exploitable with ram (loadiine) (Ever wondered why mii maker and smash u and not some toher apps?)

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made this video. Umm, I was bored one day and wanted to practice my After Effects ability. It's fake unfortunately

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking that the odds of the video creator being on GBATemp, and subsequently finding this thread was kind of unlikely, but I believe you!
Haha, yeah I'm a small-time dev in the 3DS scene, and thought it'd be a funny teaser to create. It's actually the second time (that I saw) of these kind of threads being made. Anyway, some stats cuz they're fun:
zyRCXU9.png

Reactions: Logan Pockrus
D

Deleted User

I didn't even think of that! That prompts the idea, why is this entry point necessary at all? If you have Smash Bros and a N3DS, Smashbroshax is pretty easy to perform (as long as you have access to Linux in some way shape or form, including boot-able disks), and it's a standalone exploit, no need for another. (And again, Smash is awesome, so why would you want to lose the ability to play it?)

Pros:

1.) No need for Linux or any compatible hardware.
2.) Faster (by a few seconds).
3.) Probably more reliable.

Cons:

1.) Cannot play Smash Bros anymore.
2.) Depends on having access to another entry point.
3.) Makes you look like less of a haxxer.
You can change the payload so that if you hold select- then you could restore the save. Thats what happens with MysteryDungeonHax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all