Hacking Found my vita, thinking about installing cfw

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I recently dug out my vita and as the title says I’m thinking about installing cfw on it, it’s the original (3G)phat version on 3.55 ofw. Have read around and watch a few YouTube videos but still undecided on which fw is best to use, upgrade to the latest and reload it every time I restart or go for an older fw with a permanent solution.
I would ask about the chances of your psn account getting banned but have seen a couple/few recent threads already asking, but just to confirm the risk is minimal?
I used to be active on the dashhacks forums “back in the day” hacking the psp, I drifted away after awhile and recently tried going on their after digging out my psps(an original phat & a go) but seems it’s down now.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently dug out my vita and as the title says I’m thinking about installing cfw on it, it’s the original (3G)phat version on 3.55 ofw. Have read around and watch a few YouTube videos but still undecided on which fw is best to use, upgrade to the latest and reload it every time I restart or go for an older fw with a permanent solution.
I would ask about the chances of your psn account getting banned but have seen a couple/few recent threads already asking, but just to confirm the risk is minimal?
I used to be active on the dashhacks forums “back in the day” hacking the psp, I drifted away after awhile and recently tried going on their after digging out my psps(an original phat & a go) but seems it’s down now.
Update to 3.60 and stay there install CFW and be happy

Reactions: slaphappygamer

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no reason to go higher then .60 as everything works on .60 and vita or TV same hardwere
I’ve updated to 3.60 and will be doing the hacking tomorrow most likely, apart from the few plugins that it installs in that guide what else is recommended?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve updated to 3.60 and will be doing the hacking tomorrow most likely, apart from the few plugins that it installs in that guide what else is recommended?
the main reason we say stay on 3.60 because we have reF00D that has all the keys for decryption upto latest FW and more plugins work on 3.60 then newer FW

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Update to 3.60, then install HENkaku. Follow more here. You may also want to invest in an sd2vita.
I would invest in a psvsd adapter, taking out the 3g modem and putting in and internal SD card. The vita is really easy to tear down. Totally worth the extra money and this way you can still play original games you might own.

Reactions: Hayato213

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would invest in a psvsd adapter, taking out the 3g modem and putting in and internal SD card. The vita is really easy to tear down. Totally worth the extra money and this way you can still play original games you might own.

I think I’ll stick to the sd2vita, I don’t like taking apart working & expensive tech. I only have like 4 carts persona 4 golden, uncharted golden abyss & little deviants, I’ll just dumb them or download them(how easy is it to dump your own carts?). If you d/l or dump your own can you still use the current save file? I’m only concerned about p4g really as I’ve put in 150 hours or so into it, the others I’m not too far into so would be fine restarting.

I’ve done the hack, installed the plugins from the guide & also installed a few other apps & plugins. The apps were adrenaline, PSP homebrew browser, autoplugin 2 & pkgj, I tried the vita homebrew browser but I’m getting an error opening it.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought 0syscall6 was the thing to install instead of ref00d these days?
This is correct. 0syscall6 causes less issues than ref00d and is easier to set up. Word about this has not spread around far enough yet.

Right now, the "core" plugins to install are:
storagemgr (for SD2Vita)
NoNpDrm
NoPsmDrm
0syscall6
rePatch 3.0

The PSV also requires another one.

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is correct. 0syscall6 causes less issues than ref00d and is easier to set up. Word about this has not spread around far enough yet.

Right now, the "core" plugins to install are:
storagemgr (for SD2Vita)
NoNpDrm
NoPsmDrm
0syscall6
rePatch 3.0

The PSV also requires another one.

what does repatch do? I have the others, well im setting up the sd2vita so will have it shortly.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does repatch do? I have the others, well im setting up the sd2vita so will have it shortly.
It is used to load game mods like translation and unsc patches without altering the original game files. Examples are Catherine Full Body ENG, Trails of Cold Steel I and II Undub, and KanColle's translation patch.

It is required on 3.65, but technically not on 3.60 (due to changes made after 3.60). Using it on 3.60 allows the original files to stay unmodified and some devs only support their patches with rePatch enabled, so I would still recommend using it on 3.60.

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is used to load game mods like translation and unsc patches without altering the original game files. Examples are Catherine Full Body ENG, Trails of Cold Steel I and II Undub, and KanColle's translation patch.

It is required on 3.65, but technically not on 3.60 (due to changes made after 3.60). Using it on 3.60 allows the original files to stay unmodified and some devs only support their patches with rePatch enabled, so I would still recommend using it on 3.60.

OK thanks, not sure I'll be doing those things but i'll keep it in mind if I ever do. I have the sd2vita setup(it seems like it as its showing up in vitashell and I was able to play a dumped game(p4g) without the official memory card in), I'm just transferring the other 3 games I also dumped.
what else is recommended? I have everything from the guide slaphappygamer linked and a couple I mentioned in my reply earlier. I've not been able to get vhbb to work/

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
recommend your tai config.txt lists 0syscall6 as the first spkrx under kernel section
if it’s listed after storagemgr you can get issues

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks, not sure I'll be doing those things but i'll keep it in mind if I ever do. I have the sd2vita setup(it seems like it as its showing up in vitashell and I was able to play a dumped game(p4g) without the official memory card in), I'm just transferring the other 3 games I also dumped.
what else is recommended? I have everything from the guide slaphappygamer linked and a couple I mentioned in my reply earlier. I've not been able to get vhbb to work/

http://wololo.net/2018/11/04/itls-e...-and-access-sites-like-github-and-many-other/

This explain how to fix the VHBB issue.

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just tried the older version of vhbb, it gave the update message and I chose no, it showed blacked screened so I restarted and updated. it loaded but took some time to show the homebrew selection. then I got the an error occured and the vita will shut down, now the p is flashing blue.

ok got it restarted, vhbb seems to be working now

Last edited by fowler002,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...