FOUND my virgin rawnand, have never turned off Airplane Mode since first RCM/CFW boot

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by PreBelgian, Feb 1, 2019.

1. PreBelgian
    OP

PreBelgian Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2019
    United States
    Sorry, it's kind of a long story but I just wanted to type it all out. Spoiler tags for neatness, with a question or two after.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

So I have some questions still though. Right now I don't even have AutoRCM installed anymore and haven't booted CFW again since I restored my virgin NAND backup, and I'm on FW 5.0.0
    1) Should I install AutoRCM so that I can update FW without burning fuses? Can Nintendo detect AutoRCM? Or just deal with it and if I want to boot emunand use the jig/dongle?
    2) Does any FW update after 5.0.0 burn any GC fuses? Since SXOS still does not have nogc..
    3) Not a question. Just wanted to say one more time that I'm really happy I didn't F*** up

Attached Files:

2. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    I would assume that a Fuse mismatch might get sent to Nintendo which could actuallly ban you. The only thing i don't know how in this Case atmosphere 8.3 works which disables Error-Reporting (can't tell anything about SXos as i don't use it) and if it works with 7.0 <-- need to get this information myself.

3. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    SX OS doesn't update gc reader firmware for me (but I never used any retail cartridge during CFW).

4. Coreyosaur

Coreyosaur Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2019
    United States
    2) SX OS doesnt have NOGC, but it also doesnt update the game card reader firmware unless a card is inserted. The GC update is at 4.1 iirc. For sure at 5.0.0 ofw, you are updated.

5. PreBelgian
    OP

PreBelgian Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2019
    United States
    It hasn't been that long but I thought I would give an update. I updated my sysnand to 7.0.0 through OFW, and I also have NOT enabled AutoRCM. The consensus is that Nintendo is able to detect changes to boot0. I have an SD card for offline/CFW which has my emunand, and an SD card for online which has no homebrew files or anything like that.

If I want to use CFW I change the SD card out, and boot with jig/payload, and never go past the SX OS bootloader unless it says "emunand enabled". Also I am continuing to keep airplane mode on in CFW. SX OS is able to boot emunand 6.2.0 even if the sysnand is on 7.0.0

My goal is for my sysnand to never get the opportunity to see anything unofficial.

Been playing smash online for almost a week now with no problems. I'll update this post if/when a banhammer strikes

6. PyroGoat

PyroGoat GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2015
    United States
    It's nice to see some people taking some time to read up on things and take precautions as suggested. :)

7. Joaoaug

Joaoaug Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    Brazil
    Brasilia
    This weekend i Will do the same, my smash should arrive in 4 days and i want to make my switch ready to go online. There was 1 episode of my switch going online with ofw um the early days of Pkmn Lets go, my wife booted on OFW and tried do play. I dont know it i am banned already because of that but ill test it anyway.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted