Found a repeatable crash. Possible EXPLOIT!!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i was playing around with my new wii u when i found a repeatable crash in ssbwu. At first it just crashed once and i didnt think much of it and just power cycled. It crashed again doing the same thing a few days later, but i had also done the same thing multiple times without a crash. So i played around and i found another method that is a little more reliable but still not %100 of the time. I decided to try something else out and now my wii u is completely bricked!

So what happened is that i was about to lose a match so i hit the home button and a second later it crashed. It wasnt until it happened the second time did i think that it has something to do with my wiimote, so i started playing with the gamepad instead. But shortly afterwards the crashes got more frequent, still right after i press the home button before losing a match.

Now the last time, when i bricked my wii u, it was maybe a good 30 seconds after i pressed the home button that it crashed. The only difference in how often it crassed and hong long it took to crash was what i had in my hand. But the last crash i didn't have a wiimote or anything wii related in my hand.

So at least i figured out that throwing a wiimote at it will only crash it sometimes. Whipping the gamepad at it crash it more often. But then repeatedly beating the shit out of the console with a golf club will hard brick the machine.

Can anyone exploit this? Maybe we can get waninkoko on the scene and have his awesome theivery skills figure it out.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you read the entirety of his post he's trolling:

"So at least i figured out that throwing a wiimote at it will only crash it sometimes. Whipping the gamepad at it crash it more often. But then repeatedly beating the shit out of the console with a golf club will hard brick the machine. "

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well at least it's not some random person that is talking about it. DeadlyFoez is reputable here on the Wii scene, he has some form of idea on how exploits work. He probably found something similar to a buffer overflow.

Sorry I didn't know that. I just found his use of the word "brick" pretty misleading

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put my Xbox One on the roof of my car when I went out for a drive. I hit another car doing about 35 MPH and my Xbox One crashed. I was pretty fucking stoked but for some reason the other driver was pissed. I still don't get why he called the police on me.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I put my Xbox One on the roof of my car when I went out for a drive. I hit another car doing about 35 MPH and my Xbox One crashed. I was pretty fucking stoked but for some reason the other driver was pissed. I still don't get why he called the police on me.
What an asshole. You were on the verge of a break through.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I pull the power from my WiiU it crashes the whole system, every time, no matter what game I'm playing.

Can we have a backup loader now????

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
GUYS I FOUND ONE! When I was playing Twilight Princess on Wii U, I found I could modify the save file and change Epona's name to something beyond the boxes. I tried to play the game after, and it crashed, and my analyzer said "buffer overflow". Is this exploitable?

/S peaking of which, where's the guy that would keep telling everyone he found a bug?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
>See cool people on GBAtemp solvin' all teh Wii U problemz (Kelton2)
>google "Wii u crash"
>use my google skillz to search on pastebin
>find one bit of HTML code "Wii u crash"
>paste it into a file
>load it up uzing my web skillz
>GUYS WII U HACKED CONFIRMED ILLUMITAY 420 Smoke weed --Kelton2 --everyone
>one h8r sez it's already been used
>FUCK THAT GUY AT LEAST I HAVE SOME FUCKING ENTHUSIAMS AROUND HERE I DONT CARE BOUT PIRACY RELEASE EVERYTHING guyzdontleakthisplz

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
>See cool people on GBAtemp solvin' all teh Wii U problemz (Kelton2)
>Google "Wii u crash"
>use my google skillz to search on pastebin
>Find one bit of HTML code "Wii u crash"
>Paste it into a file
>Load it up uzing my web skillz
>GUYS WII U HACKED CONFIRMED ILLUMITAY 420 Smoke weed --Kelton2 --everyone
>One person says lol
>FUCK TTHAT GUY AT LEAST I HAVE SOME FUCKING ENTHUSIAMS AROUND HERE I DONT CARE BOUT PIRACY RELEASE EVERYTHING guyzdontleakthisplz

>mfw you use greentext marker for GBAtemp
>kek

Reactions: endoverend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome