ROM Hack Found a 4.5E 3DS. Any help on what to do now?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I go about updating rxtools? I tried just removing everything except nintendo 3ds and the important filesl and putting the newest rxtools, but it failed to boot
I don't know exactly what rxtools version are you trying to run, but the one from the guide I linked you works on o3ds because I tried it myself. Just check what you have done with the guide and redo whats necessary and you'll get everything running in no time.

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know exactly what rxtools version are you trying to run, but the one from the guide I linked you works on o3ds because I tried it myself. Just check what you have done with the guide and redo whats necessary and you'll get everything running in no time.
I'm using the one from the thread
This is my root

lJbaz.png
this is my rxtools sys map
lJbeP.png
and it isn't really booting anymore :l

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the one from the thread
This is my root ...and it isn't really booting anymore :l

Oh my. You can clean your root and only leave Nintendo 3ds folder, rxtools folder and the files launcher.dat, slot0x25KeyX.bin and NAND.bin
You should really put that NAND.bin somewhere safe. You need to reinstall the mset exploit with the one provided in the mset folder.
You should be ok from here.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh my. You can clean your root and only leave Nintendo 3ds folder, rxtools folder and the files launcher.dat, slot0x25thingie.bin and NAND.bin
You should really put that NAND.bin somewhere safe. You need to reinstall the mset exploit with the one provided in the mset folder.
You should be ok from here.
I'm not using the mset exploit I'm using the browser expliot. Should be roughly the same though? and nand is also saved somewhere else

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by darklink801,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god. Now it boots, Thanks, Sorry for all the stupid questions ;-;

Edit: It just gave me an installation failed?

Yup, I got that too with MSET exploit on 6.X then I moved sysnand to 9.2 injecting FBI. As it turns out, you can enter the rxtools menu pressing L once or twice when the installation failed screen shows up. It lets you boot into pasta mode (devmode) sysnand and inject FBI into H&S.

I don't really know how to fix the problem staying in 4.5.
If you feel safer, roll back to the old rxtools after injecting FBI.

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup, I got that too with MSET exploit on 6.X then I moved sysnand to 9.2 injecting FBI. As it turns out, you can enter the rxtools menu pressing L once or twice when the installation failed screen shows up. It lets you boot into pasta mode (devmode) sysnand and inject FBI into H&S.

I don't really know how to fix the problem staying in 4.5.
If you feel safer, roll back to the old rxtools.

So you're saying I should open it , Press L, boot into devmode and install 9.2 and then from there install FBI?

installing FBI will be hard for me because it doesn't give me a TMD version only a region....

Last edited by darklink801,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
So you're saying I should open it , Press L, boot into devmode and install 9.2 and then from there install FBI?
I think you should open it, press L, inject FBI into H&S app in emunand, test it installing a little game (cubic ninja eur, really) and then put the old rxtools back. Don't bother to update your sysnand.

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you should open it, press L, inject FBI into H&S app in emunand, test it installing a little game (cubic ninja eur, really) and then put the old rxtools back. Don't bother to update your sysnand.
But how do I inject FBI when i don't get a TMD I only get a region...

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, but I don't really know why you don't get a TMD version.
Am I right in the fact that if I fuck up my emunand I can just reformat it using the gateway go launcher?If so I'm just going to try all TMD versions :L

Edit:"Yeah I have a Health and Safety app, I even tried opening it to make it generate files but it does nothing"

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I right in the fact that if I fuck up my emunand I can just reformat it using the gateway go launcher?If so I'm just going to try all TMD versions :L

Edit:"Yeah I have a Health and Safety app, I even tried opening it to make it generate files but it does nothing"

Yup you are right, but each time you format emunand, your nands will be linked again. You will have to unlink them.

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup you are right, but each time you format emunand, your nands will be linked again. You will have to unlink them.
Welll it won't even let me install a random one because "Health and safety info is missing" While I seriously have the app on my homescreen :L
Welp gonna redo everything I guess

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welll it won't even let me install a random one because "Health and safety info is missing" While I seriously have the app on my homescreen :L
Welp gonna redo everything I guess
your browser version is 7 so you can try browserhax (sliderhax) and to load fbi.3dsx and use that to install fbi.cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1