?????Forwarding Wads??? Possible

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dbkdbk, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009
  1. dbkdbk
    OP

Newcomer dbkdbk Advanced Member

United States
    This might not be possible.

But on my wii I have channels of game forwarders, like Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Metroid Prime 3, Rayman Raving Rabbids, etc. (these games run of my WD hard disk.)

What I was wondering is can't you do the same thing with wads. Can't you treat the hard disk like an extension to the Wiis NAND, and get wads installed on to a portable hard disk.

Just tossing some ideas around. Don't hate, if what I'm saying sounds like I'm a tooooooooootal noob. I'm not THAT much of a noob. [ I hope [​IMG] ]

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    nice idea, but probably not any time soon because the NAND emulators aren't completely ready yet

3. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    you can run wiiware and vc from hard disk, but it works different from your idea
    the application that can do this is called triiforce, there is a topic about it
    on the hdd you set up an emulated nand file system. then, with wad manager 1.5, you can install the wad to that file system. with triiforce you then run the game.

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Someone else had this idea too

With his logic, channels would boot triiforce, which AUTOboots a game (so its like triiforce is never used)
    Don't know what happened to that idea