Forwarder to Launch Installed Title

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drmarvin, Mar 24, 2010.

Mar 24, 2010
  1. drmarvin
    OP

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    This may sound like a stupid thing to want, but I'm wondering if it's possible to create a launcher to use from HBC to launch an installed channel (like HADE {Internet Channel}) from the HBC. I am curious about this to make launching these titles nicer from USB Loader GX (they can have a banner and stuff).

Also, I don't know if it's possible to use that same .DOL to create a fake "game" that could be installed as other games on the USB loader to be launched from that section.

Thanks for any input.

2. wilsoff

Member wilsoff GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    if the channel is already installed on your wii and you want to see the banner why not just use the system menu?

4. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    I'm trying to set up USB Loader GX as a complete SM replacement, so I'd rather have everything pretty in the one loader. I was considering the same thing that wilsoff suggested, but I'll have to look to see what that would build. If it builds a .DOL then it would work for HBC. I'm still curious about the *fake game* idea, but I wouldn't know where to start with that one.

5. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    if youre doing that, and you are gonna have to mess with some coe anyways, look at the source of GX. i have already written it so it can show the list of channels on the main screen and you can even put a cover image in with the rest of you images so you can have a picture of the channel right there. the code is not used currently., but its there, and it is functional. just map a button to change the "mountmethod" variable and you will get your channels in the main list.

6. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    Well thanks for that info. I'll have to brush up on my coding. I am happy to hear that the info is already there. I'll have to see what I can do with it. Other than that, it's all I can think of that it would take to be a total SM replacement.

7. drmarvin
    OP

Canada
    Could you let me know what section that is in? I've been looking through the code a bit, but I can't find that.

Thanks