Homebrew forwarder.dol MAME

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...sorry if I sound noobish, but...how do you use your forwarder, dantemugiwara?

You link to a .dol file, so I assumed it was a forwarder app installer thingy (just like wiimc has a channel installer as a dol file). However, if I try to run it in HBC, it says that "This is not a valid Wii application.".

Also...when you say 'forwarder'...are you referring to a channel forwarder, or an iso forwarder*?

Thanx for your time.
smile.gif

*I tried to create one of those with 3iso studios a while back, but it never worked

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
Erm...sorry if I sound noobish, but...how do you use your forwarder, dantemugiwara?

You link to a .dol file, so I assumed it was a forwarder app installer thingy (just like wiimc has a channel installer as a dol file). However, if I try to run it in HBC, it says that "This is not a valid Wii application.".

Also...when you say 'forwarder'...are you referring to a channel forwarder, or an iso forwarder*?

Thanx for your time.
smile.gif

*I tried to create one of those with 3iso studios a while back, but it never worked
The file posted by Dantemugiwara is a boot.dol file. I made a forwarder channel for MAME but I told dantemuwigara not to distribute it. I told him he can share boot.dol file instead. If you want to use the forwarder boot.dol put it into a wad file by using Customizemii for instance. Use a channel you like or make a new one yourself. As Dantemugiwara said, the forwarder looks for the boot.dol file located at SD:/apps/sdlmamewii.

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
any chance of you releasing the source code to build the forwarder dol?

I'd like to try modding it to check ALL the following paths (if possible):

SD:/apps/sdlmamewii
SD:/apps_emulators/sdlmamewii
USB:/apps/sdlmamewii
USB:/apps_emulators/sdlmamewii.
I'm not good at coding. I just used Customizemii's complex forwarder option to make it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
omg, why did u make a thread for this then? I assumed this was one of those troublesome apps that required a special forwarder for it to work... because if this dol can be made with customize mii, then this thread is pointless (sorry if that came off as a little harsh)

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
omg, why did u make a thread for this then? I assumed this was one of those troublesome apps that required a special forwarder for it to work... because if this dol can be made with customize mii, then this thread is pointless (sorry if that came off as a little harsh)
Well, first of all I didn't make this thread. The first post was written by dantemugiwara. I just came across with it and responded your post. On the other hand, MAME emulator for Wii IS one of those troublesome apps that DO require a special forwarder. Dantemugiwara has been searching for months for this forwarder boot.dol and none of the channels/forwarders he got worked. Many people have been searching for a boot.dol like this so it won't be worthless if it helps someone (not everybody has installed devkitpro on his computer). Anyway, don't worry, XFlak. It's your opinion and it's ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.