Hacking Forwarder channel

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
a forwarder is a channel, but it loads a dol on the SD card (or USB)

so its basically its a shortcut to an app on the SD card (not having to go through the HBC)

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but then the forwarder wad (channel) acts as a shortcut to the apps within your usb or SD card. Does this work on all apps (ie emulators, usb loaders, etc.)? And how do you have to have your files organized in order for the forwarder to open the appropriate app?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
spritefreak said:
Right, but then the forwarder wad (channel) acts as a shortcut to the apps within your usb or SD card. Does this work on all apps (ie emulators, usb loaders, etc.)? And how do you have to have your files organized in order for the forwarder to open the appropriate app?
yeah, once you installed it, it will always point to the same directory on the SD card
so it loads the boot.dol in that directory, nothing else

If there is no boot.dol, it returns to the wii menu (or crashes)

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I am confused still.....if I wanted to run three different emulators, and my usb loader, is it handled through the same forwarder channel? If it points to the same directory, how does it boot different apps from the same directory?

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
So I think I am confused still.....if I wanted to run three different emulators, and my usb loader, is it handled through the same forwarder channel? If it points to the same directory, how does it boot different apps from the same directory?

No you can't.

You need a forwarder for ONE specific app.

For example: I have a M Player CE forwarder channel. Once I load it, the forwarder channel looks inside my SD card and looks for apps>MplayerCE>Boot.dol
But that boot.dol could be anything you want it to be. But the thing is, the channel would have the M Player design because it was meant to be used for Mplayer.

Forwarders are meant for apps that get updated every now and then so you won't have to look for a new wad everytime an updated version comes out and it takes up less space on your system menu.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I believe there is a forwarder that will run a dol that will then launch different dols depending on what button you press, so effectively you could launch several different emulators from that one channel.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
really HBC can do that !!!! ????

LOL
smile.gif
the thing he want is Wii Multi-Forwarders just ask google ! It's your best friend
smile.gif

Emulator Forwarder Channel : http://forums.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?topic=3028.0

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
messie said:
There is also onw that will list all apps and will let you choose which one to run... it is called HBC
Yes but a lot of us want a cleaner, better look with a forwarder channel. Plus it saves a step or two.

@spritefreak You can either go with the all-in-one emulator channel that matguitarist linked you or with individual channels for each emulator you have. I prefer the individual channels that TroyTheZombie made. They look really good and have a consistent looks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.