Forwarder channel that forwards to boot.elf?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidsl_128, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    I've been looking for a forwarder channel that can forward to the HackMii installer, but the hackmii installer is a .elf file and all the forwarders I've seen only load .dol files.

So are there any forwarders that can load a boot.elf file?

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Why not use a converter to convert the hackmii installer to a dol file?

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Because it won't work anymore.

Anyway, I believe you can edit the channel with CustomizeMii to make it forward to .elfs.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    just use w/e forwarder channel to load mmm's boot.dol, then use mmm's app launcher to launch the hackmii installer's boot.elf
    or, u can build a forwarder channel that can launch elf's using customize mii

@Krestent, trying to convert the hackmii installer boot.elf to a boot.dol is a bad idea

5. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    You know, I didn't know that app. It'll be very useful for me. Thanks!

EDIT: btw, does it support sdhc cards?

6. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
  7. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Excuse me for possibly asking something stupid but why would you want a channel to boot into the hackmii installer? Thats an app you need to run literally once then never touch unless your wii gets updated and then you run it once more, but if it were a channel it would be deleted anyway and need a new exploit.

8. GangstaPrince

Newcomer GangstaPrince Member

United States
    He may have updated the Wii with HBC 1.0.6 and it got deleted and he has a forwarder he had installed which he can use to boot homebrew. Just my take on it.

9. atrophis

Newcomer atrophis Member

United States
    I wonder, could this possible be a simi-safe way of adding an extra layer of protection to the Wii? A simple forwarder to the hackmii installer in case the Wii gets updated with a future revision and wipes homebrew?

10. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Ya know I was about to say nah, not possible. But actually it may well be possible.
    But...it still wouldn't help anybody. Absoloute worst case is its protection from updating to be able to rehack.
    But...Since all system menus are hacked, why bother? You'd just have a pointless channel taking up some space that would never ever be launched

11. jj-kwik

Member jj-kwik GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well, it's obviously possible, as forwarders for geexbox work, and that's a .elf

I believe forwarders based on usbloadergx's source can forward to them [​IMG]

12. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Actually this is for a friend, I hacked his Wii, but I have not been able to make him remember that he can't install updates! So whenever he gets a new (original, non-backup) game, he ends up calling me asking for help, because he forgot he couldn't update and now his backup loader doesn't work!

So I just wanted a channel that would let me reinstall HBC and "re-hack" his Wii without having to borrow a game that runs exploits like Brawl. And MMM just did the trick! I made a channel for it, in case anybody wants it: Wii-Like Channels Thread

13. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    The channel wouldn't be deleted, Nintendo have so far only deleted title IDs used by HBC. Provided you choose a random one, they won't delete it.

14. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    any forwarder channel will work, so its pointless to have a specific forwarder channel for "just in case". For example, if u have a usb-loader forwarder channel (which ModMii installs as part of extra brick protection), that forwards to SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol, just save the boot.dol for MMM in that location, then u can use mmm's app launcher to launch anything (ie. SD:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf).

The following quote has been a part of the ModMii guide for ages

15. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Why not just install priiloader on his wii and block disk updates? The games will still run, they just won't need an update.

16. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Because his Wii if pretty messed up [​IMG] almost no programs work, they code dump after a few seconds or just return weird errors. So if Priiloader failed in the middle of the installation, I'd brick his wii! So I'd rather not use Priiloader.

17. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    LOL, you're looking into this for a mate who can't follow the most basic instructions.
    Mate you're going above and beyond being a mate, tell him if he fails to follow these instructions then just tell him the latest system menu is unhackable so next time he does it, he'll lose it for good.

Bet you he pays attention after that, he just knows how easy it is to ring you and get you to sort it.

You don't need mates like this man, I've been there, they only ever want more!