Forum Politics/Banhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jesterscourt, Jul 10, 2007.

Jul 10, 2007
  1. jesterscourt
    OP

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I log onto DS-X's forum a few minutes ago to see what new shit has cropped up, and lo, and behold, I am banned for the next 5 days because of "BS threads"... I guess BS threads were the one that asked if anyone else's thread got closed, then deleted, even though there was nothing against forum rules within the thread. Oh yeah, and that last one, where someone asked when the new firmware was coming out, and I said "At least two months, then wait for it to brick a sizeable amount of the carts, even though they have open beta testing"...

Anyone else see the trend of not only the DS-X going downhill with a lack of productive updates to even keep it a few paces behind the competition, as well as the forum going nuts?

I can't imagine why anyone would buy a DS-X today with all this going on, and the fear of this happening again is making me really rethink if I want to buy an R4 or CycloDS Evo.

2. Dunny

Member Dunny GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It would seem that you're right - the forums are going to hell. It's getting to be a problem where even innocent requests are used to slag off the cart and the team - going nuts, like you said.

Having seen the actions of the members on the DS-X forums, I decided to plump for the R4, and damned glad I did.

D.

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I think no one can deny the DS-X's horrible customer service and pathetic support, it's downright nazi-esque that they ban people for asking valid questions at their forums.

But people still swear by the DS-X despite the company and the carts short comings.
    If you don't want to put up with them treating you like shit, buy a different cart, a lot of people have posted how much more happier they are with an R4/M3/dirt- compared to the DS-X

4. jesterscourt
    OP

United States
    If you go to the CycloDS subforum here, you'd see my thread contemplating a change to R4/CycloDS + EZFlash3-in-1 as a replacement for the DS-X.

5. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Sounds like forum modearator is from another flash cart project team [​IMG] Otherwise banning its own users is the last thing they could do.

6. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'm no fanboy or anything (except in the general Nintendo sense) but totally get yourself an R4. IMHO the best (slot-1) flaschcart on the market today...

7. jesterscourt
    OP

United States
    Isn't the CycloDS Evo a step up with a couple new options from the R4 for a little more money?

8. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    As far as I can see, the CycloDS and the R4 are the best choices for a slot1 currently. Supposedly, the R4 team is going to release an update to fix download play. We'll see if that ever happens.

If I was in a position to buy another slot1, it would likely be the CycloDS just for the SDHC compatibility. But, while support seems great now, how long will that last? You gotta wonder since they dropped support for their older card.

As for the DS-X forums.....maybe they should spend more time working out the issues with the card instead of pissing off their customers by banning them for complaining about those issues.

9. linkycat

Newcomer linkycat Member

United States
    Yeah I figure I'll just stop posting on the forums or even reading them... it does nothing but aggrevate me every time.

10. Shuny

Member Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    CycloDS is a copy of a Supercard =/

(that what I read)

11. jesterscourt
    OP

United States
    Right, that's the Slot-2 Solution, but I was talking about an EZ Flash 3 in 1, not that. Unless you meant the CycloDS Evolution, which is a slot-1 solution, which I am trying to get compared to the R4.

As for the SDHC, can someone link me to a newegg page where they sell them, I'm typing "sdhc" in the window and getting a bunch of non card responses. Thanks.

12. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    Quote bolded where necessary.

But the R4 does have a flaw. The spring beaks. Or rather the spring mechanism does.

13. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I wouldn't deny that flaw, if ofcourse it happened to me [​IMG]

14. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    verizon sells the 4gb micro sdhc for $100 in store if you dont want to order online, its about $60 online, you can preorder the upcoming 6gb or 8gb micro sdhc cards as well.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC

15. jesterscourt
    OP

United States
    How long would it take to cache/load something this large, if say the 8 gb sdhc was filled to the brim?

16. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Get a EZV and a 3in1 or better yet a Cyclo and a 3in1.