Fortress Craft

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by VashTS, Apr 11, 2011.

Apr 11, 2011

Fortress Craft by VashTS at 6:36 AM (2,331 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    I got my free Bing rewards 400 MS points so I bought Fortress craft (and Can You Handle 2 At Once? and fire your avatar game) I have to say I was really unimpressed. It is certainly NOT minecraft at all. You just have an infinite supply of blocks to build and you can remove blocks and add blocks all you want. The fun part of Minecraft is the collecting, crafting, building aspects for me.

I only played for about an hour, there may be facets I am not seeing just yet. I dug down pretty deep too didn't find anything interesting. I will probably play a little more before I give it up. I seen there are relics to collect, but that doesn't sound very cool.

Its my first XBL purchase and I'm pretty put off for now. If you bought it post your reactions, let me know what you think and if I missing the fun part of this game.

Edit: I forgot to say it is REALLY buggy right now too. I had a couple glitches happen while playing just for my short time. If you lay a block down too close to where you stand the screen turns to static for a second. The blocks also do not render as fast as you can lay them down.

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Just to point something out - the orginal (free) minecraft 'Classic' was/is the same

It certainly does look like minecraft though - perhaps the only differences I can see is the graphics options are more 'customisable' in Fortress Craft & the characters are more 'Human' than 'Blocks'
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    MS isn't planning on doing anything. FortressCraft is an indie game. All M$ does for indie games is say yea or nay.

4. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Minecraft Creative Clone. That's all to it. You guys should be happy to be able to play a Minecraft Like game on Xbox.

Why can't we have one on the DS or the Wii?

5. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Part of Minecraft's charm is the retro graphics, trying to make it look like a normal 360 game makes it feel less unique and removes some of its identity. While the idea of using your xbox live avatar in game is a good idea it looks stupid if it doesn't look minecraftesque. Plus what the hell is that pickaxe? it looks ridiculous.

Basically this game is going to fail miserably, the creator obviously doesn't have the same talent or creativeness as Notch and the Mojang crew and will end up desperately trying to keep up with their updates while occasionally adding his own glitchy, flawed ideas. It doesn't and wont have the community input that lets Minecraft evolve so rapidly, e.g the faster rendering, smooth lighting and upcoming piston mods and I strongly advise against buying this and if your that desperate to play it on your xbox then try to persuade Notch.

6. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Isn't there supposed to be like 5 parts?

7. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Basically it's not done yet. They will still be testing the other "chapters" or whatever. You'll get them in updates later on and survival will be a game mode. You won't have infinite blocks and you will have to mine them using a pickaxe. I was disappointed with the trial but I may buy it later if it works.

8. Joktan

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    hahahahah i have been looking up forest craft this whole time and wondering why i couldnt find the game...wow im stupid...lol

9. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    In my googling I came across this
    _
    I'm SOOoooo tempted to stick this as my Phone Ringtone

So what's better....
    'Fortress Craft'Vs 'Minecraft' ???

[​IMG]

10. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    my friend was trying to buy it , thought he was off by 10MS Points xD .
    i checked it out ,
    i wasn't really appreciating it , probably cause the graphics are trying to become non-retro like .