Fortress Craft

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by VashTS, Apr 11, 2011.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    I got my free Bing rewards 400 MS points so I bought Fortress craft (and Can You Handle 2 At Once? and fire your avatar game) I have to say I was really unimpressed. It is certainly NOT minecraft at all. You just have an infinite supply of blocks to build and you can remove blocks and add blocks all you want. The fun part of Minecraft is the collecting, crafting, building aspects for me.

I only played for about an hour, there may be facets I am not seeing just yet. I dug down pretty deep too didn't find anything interesting. I will probably play a little more before I give it up. I seen there are relics to collect, but that doesn't sound very cool.

Its my first XBL purchase and I'm pretty put off for now. If you bought it post your reactions, let me know what you think and if I missing the fun part of this game.

Edit: I forgot to say it is REALLY buggy right now too. I had a couple glitches happen while playing just for my short time. If you lay a block down too close to where you stand the screen turns to static for a second. The blocks also do not render as fast as you can lay them down.

2. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Just to point something out - the orginal (free) minecraft 'Classic' was/is the same

It certainly does look like minecraft though - perhaps the only differences I can see is the graphics options are more 'customisable' in Fortress Craft & the characters are more 'Human' than 'Blocks'
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    MS isn't planning on doing anything. FortressCraft is an indie game. All M$ does for indie games is say yea or nay.

4. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Minecraft Creative Clone. That's all to it. You guys should be happy to be able to play a Minecraft Like game on Xbox.

Why can't we have one on the DS or the Wii?

5. Supersonicmonk

Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Cymru
    Part of Minecraft's charm is the retro graphics, trying to make it look like a normal 360 game makes it feel less unique and removes some of its identity. While the idea of using your xbox live avatar in game is a good idea it looks stupid if it doesn't look minecraftesque. Plus what the hell is that pickaxe? it looks ridiculous.

Basically this game is going to fail miserably, the creator obviously doesn't have the same talent or creativeness as Notch and the Mojang crew and will end up desperately trying to keep up with their updates while occasionally adding his own glitchy, flawed ideas. It doesn't and wont have the community input that lets Minecraft evolve so rapidly, e.g the faster rendering, smooth lighting and upcoming piston mods and I strongly advise against buying this and if your that desperate to play it on your xbox then try to persuade Notch.

6. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Isn't there supposed to be like 5 parts?

7. DeadLocked

DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

Aug 18, 2008
    Britland
    Basically it's not done yet. They will still be testing the other "chapters" or whatever. You'll get them in updates later on and survival will be a game mode. You won't have infinite blocks and you will have to mine them using a pickaxe. I was disappointed with the trial but I may buy it later if it works.

8. Joktan

Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2010
    United States
    In a big mansion...in Rancoon
    hahahahah i have been looking up forest craft this whole time and wondering why i couldnt find the game...wow im stupid...lol

9. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    In my googling I came across this
    _
    I'm SOOoooo tempted to stick this as my Phone Ringtone

So what's better....
    'Fortress Craft'Vs 'Minecraft' ???

[​IMG]

10. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    my friend was trying to buy it , thought he was off by 10MS Points xD .
    i checked it out ,
    i wasn't really appreciating it , probably cause the graphics are trying to become non-retro like .