Fortnite Nintendo Switch bundle hits shelves on October 5th

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Daisy, Sep 18, 2018.

1. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    People choose the strangest things to get angry about.

2. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    Haters gonna hate boy, no matter how ridiculous the excuse to do so, it is. Even at an Ad disguised as a "console bundle". Just grab some popcorn and enjoy

3. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    Worst bundle Nintendo has made
    They take a free to play game & don't even bother to skin or change the color of the the dock or joy cons.

LAZY

4. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Well, in that case wouldnt it be better to blame the way the industry have become in the last decade instead of hating a free game that has nothing to do with that?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Exactly. The nintendo siwtch online subscription is a real problem that should make people angry about, but yet here we are, arguin about a bundle.

zoogie likes this.
  5. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    ill bite . . . is psn and xbox live "a real problem" of course not neither is nintendos service . . . any retorts?

6. DeslotlCL

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Are we going to start this again? There is an official thread there if you want to illuminate yourself on why the service is mediocre at best.

7. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    you did
    then why bring it up here
    im . . .sorry? . . . did i say it was an amazing service? no i did not. but it is indeed a service and as such should have a cost and 20usd a year is pretty fitting so. . .

8. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    at least give us 10,000 vbucks that would not help but its better than 1,000

Memoir likes this.
  9. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N knows nothing

Jun 7, 2016
    Antarctica
    Hell
    Excuse me, Fortnite is an abomination to the gaming community and to gamers everywhere. No self-respecting geek would touch Fortnite with a ten-foot pole, and the fact that Nintendo is bundling this sad sack of a game with its console only goes to show how far they've fallen and how desperate they've become. Unacceptable. None of my money is reaching Nintendo's pockets, from here on out. This bundle is an affront to all of my sensibilities.

cough

Yeah, it's stupid. Somewhat surprised that Nintendo chose to bundle a third-party game with the Switch, but it's nothing Microsoft and Sony haven't done several times already.

10. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Paying extra for the box art. Thank you Ninty!!!

Memoir likes this.
  11. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    its pretty clear epic games is shelling out money for this. why wouldn't nintendo agree?

12. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Wait??... This is serious? Why though?

13. midstor

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    oh yeah as well as 1000 vbucks ITS NOT HACKABLE reeeee

14. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    More poison, don't eat it.

Honestly though:
    -this f2p poison crate loot box bundle
    -Recycled WiiU games
    -Ports from 2011 still tbreleased
    -Paid online, gotta jump through a hoop and pay to play their incredibly small library of games, I'm not trusting tendo with any banking details and also not walking to the store to buy the code.
    -Wth Nintendo, they've really trashed my memories in a way and lost the wholesome brand

They should of marketed the "free online" aspect of the system and they would have a lot more people and devs in their corner

15. nightking

nightking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
  16. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    Effort free marketing decision.
    Parents know Nintendo and they know Fornite, and plus the Switch is the cheapest system on the market. It's obvious that this is what a ton of children are getting for Christmas this year...

...and sadly it's not Metroid Prime IV, which I'd probably rather be playing. ;)

Itzumi and Xabring like this.
  17. zeveroth

zeveroth GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    United States
    Don't jinx us.

A Nintendo only skin would be pretty cool. Hell, they gave the new galaxy a one of a kind skin. Albeit some people were abusing demo models but that's neither here nor there.

That's most likely going to be the case. Fortnite it "The Game" right now. Regardless of what some folks think of it, that's fact. The artwork on the box stands out, so it's easily recognize. 1000 vbucks is the equivalent of like $10.00 If the price is no different than that of a basic Switch. A person who's been thinking of getting a switch and plays Fortnite may very well pick this up. Then use those vbucks to buy the season pass. Finally you get some free "items" whatever those are. Like the quote b4 you, a custom skin would be nice.
    Honestly it's not a bad deal. Is it a bundle in the traditional sense? Probably not. Still, a bundle regardless.

18. DeslotlCL

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    A brand new switch costs 300 usd. A brand new ps4 fat model costs 250 usd.

uh?

19. 2manyGames2play

2manyGames2play GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Netherlands
    Wait.. they didn't bother to pimp-up the Switch and/or joy-cons by giving it a Fortnite-esque skin/theme?

20. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    Nope

2manyGames2play likes this.