Former WWE star Umaga dead at 36

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Former WWE star Umaga, real name Edward Fatu, has died at the age of 36 after suffering a second heart attack, wrestlingobserver.com is reporting.

Fatu was taken to a Houston-area hospital after his wife found him unconscious with blood coming from his nose earlier today.

He had returned from Australia just a few days ago after wrestling on the Hulk Hogan tour of the country.

He was released from WWE in June after failing a drug test and refusing the WWE's offer to attend drug rehab.

He is probably best known for headlining a Wrestlemania against Bobby Lashley in a match where WWE owner Vince McMahon put his hair on the line against the hair of Donald Trump.

-- Houston Mitchell

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...dead-at-36.html

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saddest thing is, this is the usual ages of wrestler deaths now a days, for example

Eddie Guerrero, died 2005, heart failure, aged 38

Chris Beniot, died 2007, suicide, aged 40

Ray Traylor/Big Boss Man, died 2004 , heart attack, aged 41

Chris Candido, died 2005, complications from surgery, aged 33

Andrew Martin/Test, died 2009, drug overdose, aged 33

Owen Hart, died 1999, died from accident at Over the Edge PPV, aged 34

Scott Bigelow/Bam Bam Bigelow, died 2007, drug overdose, aged 45

And this is just a selection of wrestlers who've died in just the last 10 years. Wrestling may be scripted but damn you all for saying its fake. Wrestling is without a doubt one of the most deadliest careers out there, wrestlers tearing muscles right off bones, suffering neck, shoulder, leg and back injuries continuously and yet still coming back, while any other sport that would certainly be a retirement.

RIP Umaga

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love wrestling, I admit it.
And I thought Umaga was a great athlete, especially considering his size. I was at WrestleMania 24 in Orlando a few years back, I was one in the crowd actually cheering him on his match. But god damn you can not say this isn't his stupid fault. He was offered to go to rehab with the WWE footing the bill, and he turned it down. Yet because of the Wrestling-hating media, they're going to put the blame on wrestling in general because it's so dirty and everyone has to be guilty and it pisses me off.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
RIP. I always liked the guy. I loved him ever since he beat down Flair in his debut.

Weird fact: Eddie Guerrero died in 2005. Umaga (Eddie Fatu) died this year. They both had their last WWE match with Mr. Kennedy. Weird...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
drugs availability is what the problem is... drug users should not only be banned but reported to force them to leave it or else we may have more cases like these for their defiance which results from drug effects and not actually from their own choices (intentionally)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol