OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I f*cked up and updated to 3.4u. now cant do softmii. Still have homebrew channel, v289 system menu wad, opera internet. Wad manager v3, gecko os and backup launcher. When I bought my wii. It came with 3.2U installed. If I format wii system memory, the book says it will go back to the state it was in when I bought it. Would I be able to start fresh from there. Or would the update from 3.4u still screw the fakesign?
Thank you
hellbent1

found this

Format Wii System Memory
This will erase all system memory, and it cannot be restored, even from an
SD card. Completing the format will place the Wii console in the state it
was when it shipped from the factory. Any system updates for the Wii console
since the manufacture date will need to be installed again. Wii Shop Channel
information can be removed by selecting Remove Wii Shop Channel Account in
the Wii Shop Channel Settings section and Nintendo recommends doing this
before doing the Format Wii System Memory.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Any system updates for the Wii console
since the manufacture date will need to be installed again

well that is sooo untrue, I formated my Wii the other day, and my system didn't go to 2.0, but just do the Oct23rd FIX guide and you'll be fine...!!!
smile.gif

hellbent1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, not with the 3.4 update I did... I did the cios downgrader and got it to 3.2u (or so it says), but I can't use anyregion changer or preloaders... I panicked and rushed it.. I can still play backups, just wish I had used my head. Waited until morning when I was fresh.

I also heard from another site that the wii system format will not delete the updates. though another site said it will restore it to when it came from the factory..

Mine came from the factory loaded with 3.2u. So I thought maybe.. Can't find a straight answer. Hate to ruin the children's amusement.

I will keep looking, just thought maybe someone here might know for sure.. Seem pretty knowledgeable here.

Thanks again,
Hellbent1

hellbent1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
well that is sooo untrue, I formated my Wii the other day, and my system didn't go to 2.0, but just do the Oct23rd FIX guide and you'll be fine...!!!

I already tried the oct 23rd guide, should I format and try it?

Thanks

D

Deleted User

Just do the downgrade. Take a look on 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrader/Gamma Tutorial

hellbent1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, did the downgrade successfully! Thank you guys! But now I get stuck on the anyregion changer
error says" loaded ios255
Identifying as SU....Error! ES_identify(ret-1017)
initializing filesystem driver....OK!
Error! ES_opentitleContent (ret= -1026)
press any key to cont. ERROR ES_opentitlecontent (ret= -1026)

then takes me to the anyregion changer 1.1 screen with red warning Area/sysmenu mismatch!
But all the settings are the same in wii settings and on the screen.
It seems the anyregion changer is my wall.
I live in Canada so my country code is 18.. the settings are all USA and NTSC U..

and I can't go any further...

IOS downgrader worked awesome though.. still got a few things to try..
Thank you for all the help,
Hellbent1

hellbent1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, used the twilight downgrade guide from emperor of Canada and installed starfall. Still can't load preloader .26. But I didn't do anything else but what the guide told me.. Should I change to the v289sysmenu wad. Last thing I did was to load shop IOS51/no to wii shop channel..
I didn't load the gamma loader.wad as I already have the backup loader (I was very Lucky).
So I wanted to try the softmii .9.5 again, but can't because of preloader(can't access screen), which happened last time, I believe because I had the wrong sysmenuwad loaded.
I will try loading the .25 preloader, just wondering what next?
ATD512.dol ?
CiosCorp installer ?

I didn't go through the anyregion changer this time (wasn't in the guide), will that affect anything, even if I installed Starfall?
Thanks,
Hellbent1

hellbent1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
We got it working you guys!!!! Many thanks to all of you. I now can load from the disk channel and can load .dol files and all that stuff, I have preloader .27 now and things are back to normal.. I am using riiski mod though... That is good enough for me and the young 'uns..
Here is what to do if you accidentally update to 3.4(U)..

1. Use the Downgrader from here
Code:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446
Thanks to Emperor of Canada
Follow the instructions depending on your setup

2. If you want to proceed to load from the disk channel, use the preloader .25 (I couldn't get the .26 started)I believe it was because the last thing I loaded was the SHOP/IOS52)) This would be step 20 from the riiskimod install. **Code for .25 is (1RAIDU=1, right, A, 1, Down, UP)
Then you follow the rest of the installation guide for riiskimod v2.., Just wanted to add, after all this I went and ran the anyregion changer and it worked/then I continued on from there to install softmod. There was a problem reading pal on my ntsc machine in the disc channel. All is good now.
I want to thank AsosaYoung, SilverSurfR, Ether2802, Afif95, Hadrian Uranium(Great guides) and of course Clarky08, Crediar and Team Twiizers and everyone who made this whole setup possible..
If I can help in anyway with the downgrade pm me and I will do what I can..
Cheers,
Hellbent1

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell Yea! You go hellbent1. Now you have graduate. Go and help others.

3 back to back post and you where able to read/ write/ reason/ and apply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte