Hacking Formatting sysnand n3ds 9.0 is safe??

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I go back into GW mode on my n3ds, I have to unwrap the CIA's. I formatted emunand before, but I was wondering if it was safe to format sysnand to solve this problem..

The reason why im hesitant is because I thought that formatting a 3ds//n3ds after 6.x wasnt recommended because it requires a system update.... is this the case?

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not require a system update. It only connects to the internet in order to unlink your NNID from your 3ds.

Reactions: Ralph1611

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Formatting doesn't require an update from what I know. The requirement for internet access is needed to unlink NNID before it will let you format. Did you link sysnand to an NNID? If so it's probably best to wait till xorpad generation is possible for n3DS nand images. You can then decrypt the sysnand image, extract the nand partition, delete the contents of the data folder and the movable.sed in the private folder (and perhaps the contents of dbs folder too? Someone provide more info on that) reencrypt it using the xorpad you generated and reinject it back. Of coarse if you don't have a nand mod it's best to send that to your emunand first to make sure it still boots. It it does, then it should be safe to put on sysnand. Of coarse you should backup emunand before you flash your new sysnand image to it.

That process is basically how you manually format without actually formatting. :D

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting doesn't require an update from what I know. The requirement for internet access is needed to unlink NNID before it will let you format. Did you link sysnand to an NNID? If so it's probably best to wait till xorpad generation is possible for n3DS nand images. You can then decrypt the sysnand image, extract the nand partition, delete the contents of the data folder and the movable.sed in the private folder (and perhaps the contents of dbs folder too? Someone provide more info on that) reencrypt it using the xorpad you generated and reinject it back. Of coarse if you don't have a nand mod it's best to send that to your emunand first to make sure it still boots. It it does, then it should be safe to put on sysnand. Of coarse you should backup emunand before you flash your new sysnand image to it.

That process is basically how you manually format without actually formatting. :D

I never had it connected to the internet before. The only time was last night when I wanted to update emunand, but it failed for some reason. I need a good connection like a nintendo zone. Thats why im being real careful before I messed anything up with this. Ill back up my emunand now.;)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If sysnand wasn't connected to a NNID, you should be able to format it just fine. I formatted a 9.2 sysnand that wasn't linked to NNID and it never asked me to connect or update. You mentioned that your sysnand and emunand are still linked. So before you do format sysnand, backup the Nintendo 3DS folder that's on the system's SD card (or MicroSD card since you have a n3DS) to your PC first as the content you installed in emunand may be delated when you format sysnand. Then restore the backup and emunand should be fine and your sysnand would then be unlinked form your emunand so any further formats you do on sysnand won't impact your emunand.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here.
I have no internet connections configured in my sysnand.
I pulled the internal SD and formatted the sysnand and it did not ask about connecting to the internet.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still have to unwrap these things:lol:

EDIT

Ok, had to unwrap them the first time.. second time i went back into emunand, they were unwrapped already... YES

Thanks you guys.

Reactions: Datalogger

CroCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have the same problem, but on my N3DS XL. I formated Sysnand without SD Card already, but i have still to unwrap everything. Did i forget something?

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem, but on my N3DS XL. I formated Sysnand without SD Card already, but i have still to unwrap everything. Did i forget something?

The first time you go back you have to unwrap. After that you wont have to. If you still have to unwrap, I dont know what else to do/

CroCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I thought that too, but since i formated the sysnand i unwrapped them like 10 times :S
Do i have to format Emunand too?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i removed the mSD before i formated
Well then, you have a problem. What specifically do you have to unwrap? Cia files you installed? If you receive updates like YouTube and Netflix you will have to unwrap those.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 171

CroCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Some installed CIA Games and some Stuff from eShop like Youtube, Anime Channel, Monster Hunter 4 and some Homebrew like Organiz3d, Big Red Menu, Savefl and so on. Is this maybe because i have a "New 3DS XL" and some bug in Gateway?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is common when sys and emunands are linked. Remove the SD card and format the system memory. Pop it back in and link your NNID on the system. You should be set. That's how I did it.

CroCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This is common when sys and emunands are linked. Remove the SD card and format the system memory. Pop it back in and link your NNID on the system. You should be set. That's how I did it.

How many times do i have to format the sysnad without SD Card in it? I tried it 3 times until now, i can do it 10x times more, but its not working.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a NNID can you just remove the SD and format to unlink without connecting at all? I have never used a NNID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol