Formatting and some other noob questions...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Askherserenity, May 28, 2009.

1. Askherserenity
    OP

Newcomer Askherserenity Advanced Member

United States
    I'm sorry for posting guy's but I've been searching around and I just cant figure some things out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So, I just soft hacked my Wii a couple of days ago. It's updated to version 4 so I needed to use the banner brick method. I got all the files I needed to install everything from someones custom folder (Everything from HBC to Wii64 was included) I followed some steps installing all the ios' and stuff and I finally got it working.

Everything has been working fine. I recently found out about how you can save your nand to the sd card using hackmii. I installed it with the ios option but I cant seem to find the actually menu for it. Did I have to install it to boot2 also to be able to save my nand? I didnt want to do that because I noticed how if you did that, it would load the bootmii menu instead of the original menu...

I also feel like I haven't done some things completely right, so I was thinking of reformatting my Wii to uninstall everything and just install it over again without using that other persons files and just getting everything myself. Any problems in formatting the wii?

Sorry for the questions guys, I'm just new to this and I just feel way over my head. [​IMG]

2. Askherserenity
    OP

Newcomer Askherserenity Advanced Member

United States
    I somehow posted this twice. I cant seem to delete the other topic. :[

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    First I recommend not using the format option. All it does is dete your saves and channels and it doesn't affect cIOS and all that. Also the format option can screw you over if you have Preliader installed. Frankly I suggest avoiding the format option like the plague.

BootMii's NAND option is in the icon with gears on it. Then you go into the first option and there you go.

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

say WHAT!? [​IMG]

methinks you have your terminology mixed up!

you must mean BANNERBOMB! a brick = dead or partial dead Wii

AFAIK formatting your Wii does not uninstall any IOS system files you have added ..... it removes channels and wipes all your saves any Virtual Console games you have added and leave you with the default channels that came with the Wii