Hacking Homebrew formatted switch to fat32 now nothing works

12_doctorwho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more specific when I formatted my exfat sd card to fat32 and yes I did put the files in when I boot into Hekate cfw or ofw I can't boot anything up any fixes?

12_doctorwho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First format your card on your computer using SDFORMATTER https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/sd-memory-card-formatter-for-windows-download/

Then use h2testw to test your sd card

https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539

Then follow the hacking guide (https://switch.homebrew.guide/) to create a new emuNAND and a new installation of Atmosphère and Hekate (if you like) DOWNLOADING NEW RELEASES from his corresponding GitHub repositories
Install sig patches and try to install and run any NSP.

Then when all works fine. You can restore your backup and try again
well I formatted my sd card with aomei and I did test my sd card so i don't think that works

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got them from sdsetup.com first then actually getting all files from GitHub after that didnt work

Why not try a vanilla atmosphere build you don't need fss0 build like deepsea, sdsetup if you learn to do your own,

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-hekate-chainload-vanilla-atmos.563255/

Im on FAT32 and no problem with vanilla atmosphere, I do remember some people did get problem with sdsetup on fat32. Perhaps problem with the files they created. Remember to read Atmosphere 1.0.0 changelog to understand the change of fusee-primary and fusee secondary to fusee and package3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: