Hardware Formatted my 250gb Flashdrive to Fat32 restricted it's storage to only 32 gigabytes

KnightlySkye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
- I use a Huawei 250gb FlashDrive & formatted it to Fat32 with 64kb clusters
- I used a different program before on formatting my flashdrive to fat32, and now I used rufus but both had the same problem: not uitilizing all of my space
- When I copy games/files onto the drive that exceed the 32gb capacity, the files would not appear and the folder it came with would be undeleteable unless you scan and repaired the drive.

Why does this occur?

Ive tried it 2 times now with different games and it never allows me to add more when it exceeds 32gbs but I really want to use the flashdrive, it would be such a waste.

Things Ive also tried were:
- Reformatting the drive
- Formatting to exfat - ofcourse USBloadergx doesn't revognize it
- formatting to NTFS (Ive only plugged it in once and USBLoadergx did not show my games, however I have heard people just re-plugging it in and the wii was able to read it then. Im in the process of doing that, just copying a game on it again)

Last edited by KnightlySkye,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Literally this morning did a Fat32 format on a 64GB ADATA Sd card with Aomei.

Not sure what has caused that problem, maybe because Rufus isn't appropriate to make readable memories, dunno.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
- I use a Huawei 250gb FlashDrive & formatted it to Fat32 with 64kb clusters
- I used a different program before on formatting my flashdrive to fat32, and now I used rufus but both had the same problem: not uitilizing all of my space
- When I copy games/files onto the drive that exceed the 32gb capacity, the files would not appear and the folder it came with would be undeleteable unless you scan and repaired the drive.

Why does this occur?

Ive tried it 2 times now with different games and it never allows me to add more when it exceeds 32gbs but I really want to use the flashdrive, it would be such a waste.

Things Ive also tried were:
- Reformatting the drive
- Formatting to exfat - ofcourse USBloadergx doesn't revognize it
- formatting to NTFS (Ive only plugged it in once and USBLoadergx did not show my games, however I have heard people just re-plugging it in and the wii was able to read it then. Im in the process of doing that, just copying a game on it again)
you should be fine with NTFS and if USBloader does not read it reinstall it and before starting it the first time plug the Drive

I formated a Micro SD to NTFS 64GB and using windows and the games are read fine on my wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr