Formatted G6 Lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by fatmonkeybutt, Jul 2, 2006.

Jul 2, 2006

Formatted G6 Lite by fatmonkeybutt at 5:11 PM (1,778 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. fatmonkeybutt
    OP

Newcomer fatmonkeybutt Member

United States
    I formatted g6lite, and now i can upgrade it.. any one with experience can help me plz.

when i loaded up the firmware, when i press upgrade, it just freeze

2. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    When the "green text" screen comes up (you're loading in GBA mode, right?) you need to press "A", "B", "Select" & "Start" at the same time.

Does it freeze after doing that?

It should ask you "Yes/No" to upgrade. If you choose yes, it gives you a running status of the progress.

You may need to recreate the original folder structure as well - the update may very well be looking for something that you erased.

3. fatmonkeybutt
    OP

United States
    it froze after i choose yes to upgrade... plz give me more infomation bout the folder structure. as i said i formateed. i lost all those infomation.

4. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    You prob forgot to run the 'Maintenance utility' right after you formated.

Taken from the txt file:

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Edit: Beaten to the punch. [​IMG]

6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    dont format as fat32 or you cant update, just use normal FAT [​IMG]

7. Homer000

Newcomer Homer000 Member

Canada
    I dont know if the error is on the user end... I tried to flash my g6 to the new firmware, I got a white screen, and no x/30...
    Did all the tricks in the book, (format fat 16 first, then use the low format utility...) If i get a progress, it nevers goes beyond 3/30, then the screen flash white. Now my gba section don't work and i can't even flash an older firmware on it. I tried flashing it with both my ds and Gba.

It think the problem resides in the flash rom for the g6 system. This thing don't get formated when you do a low format and you cant push an upgrade vie the usb loader, nor do you have an utility to revert the cart to factory setting...

I sent an e-mail tuesday (Still waiting for a response...) to g6 team, i'll wait and see what they have to say...

8. Adrian DX

Newcomer Adrian DX Member

Norway
    That made me laugh [​IMG]

(sorry for the off-topic [​IMG] )

9. fatmonkeybutt
    OP

United States
    thx for replys but i got this fixed already.. thx for all the replys but now i have a question about currupted files in g6 lite... anyone experience this before??? i got some files showing 4 gb size in my computer.. cant access those files tho.

10. crukid

Newcomer crukid Member

Argentina
    let me know if you get any resolution on this, my G6 lite is doing the exact same thing and I am hella bummed.

11. evilreddot

Member evilreddot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    When I click on the maintenance thing it says "Can't create directory" and I don't have a Fat16 format option, just Fat and Fat32. I've tried it with Fat and did the maintenance, but when I try to access it, I get pop up that says that the drive is not formatted and that I'll have to format it again. I'm trying the Fat32 now.

Edit: I tried formatting with both Fat and Fat32 twice and using the utility everytime, without changing any settings. I still get the pop up that says that the cart isn't formatted and must be formatted to be accessed, when I try to access it.

12. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    FAT = FAT16

it's just not named that way.

use my computer, right click the g6 removable drive, format fat that way.
    then you can just put in the firmware or whatever and install in gba mode.

13. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States

After you format with the mptutil, it will not recognize the cart right away as a valid format. you will need to safely remove the device through windows, take out the burner and put it back in. Then you will have a clean slate.