Hacking Formatted CFW 2ds - Now stuck on Luma v7.1

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just formatted a Luma CFW Old2ds.

Now, the system always boots into Luma v7.1 regardless of what version I put on the SD card. I have also put payloads such as Godmode9 to resolve the issue, but the Luma chainloader does not load.

It's as though the files on the SD card aren't being detected, I have formatted the SD card and verified that Extra Data has been created on it. It doesn't seem to update with any other SD card either, even one I used on another hacked 2ds

As the system is formatted, I have no homebrew CIAs to assist me and must get onto a newer version of Luma to install some. Any assistance?

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the system boot without the SD card?
Does it boot to 7.1 without the SD card in?

Yes, it boots into Luma v7.1 without the SD card.

Abnormally, it also makes it to the system menu without the SD card, even though the version is 11.15.0-47, which should be broken on older luma versions if I'm not mistaken

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be a problem with the sd card or reader. It's on the ctrnand.

The SD card was working before the format, but for safety, I formatted the SD card, and tried two other SD cards to no avail. The system OS is aware of the SD cards, as it created Extra data for each one without any errrors.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's as though Luma itself isn't recognising some files. To also note, I placed my SD cards files exactly as specified in a guide for updating Luma v7.1, linked here https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/77tv3h/guide_to_update_luma_from_71_to_811_using_microsd/

I still was not able to reach the chainloader

Last edited by Super1710,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea, but it sounds like it's prioritizing the ctrnand. you can tell for sure if you open luma settings without the sd card plugged in. see if it still shows 7.1

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no idea, but it sounds like it's prioritizing the ctrnand. you can tell for sure if you open luma settings without the sd card plugged in. see if it still shows 7.1

Yes, it opens luma settings and shows v7.1 even with no SD card inserted.

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I may follow the seedminer exploit in order to access the boot9strap installer and update through there. It seems redundant to go through the process of "hacking" just to update some files but I can't see any other way out of it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the name of the luma file? the only other thing I can think of is that it's still a9lh, then the later b9s ones aren't working, so it's reading off the ctrnand.

Reactions: NoxiousNinja

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what is the name of the luma file? the only other thing I can think of is that it's still a9lh, then the later b9s ones aren't working, so it's reading off the ctrnand.

That makes the most sense, but Luma v7.1 removed support for .bin (a9lh) payloads. Plus, .firm files were present on the SD card from the first time it was hacked, meaning it must have been hacked after a9lh was depracated.

Reactions: NoxiousNinja

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put boot.firm 7.1 on the sd card, run it, then see if the luma folder exists on the sd card. or test the next highest boot.firm to see if it's recognized.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have a flashcart that can work with ntrboot, you might want to see if you can use that to access GM9. If you can and gain access to your SD card, then you can just replace the boot.firm on your system that way.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem appears to be that you're using an old version of Luma3DS and B9S, as previously stated. Follow this guide to fix the problem:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s

If you can't get it to work, put v7.1 of Luma onto the root of your SD card, or put the B9S installer firm directly on the root of your SD card and rename it boot.firm.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr