ilbalta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi everybody here's my simple stupid question:
i'm running 3.2E
i installed various hacks such as preloader, dvdx the hbc (obviously), some C-IOS, the wii shop update etc..

i was interested in updating to 4.0 and set up both the new bootmii and the new softmii 3

but i'm kinda scared because i'm quite n00b and i don't really fully understand all the cios ios mios boot# etc stuff

the insane idea i got is:
i backup every savegame i have with savegame manger app (this would include even the ones like brawl that normally are locked)
i format back to system menu 1.1E (i bought the wii as soon as it came out in europe)
i upgrade to 4.0E
i install everything

so my question is:
is my idea insanely stupid and i can just follow the http://softmii.org/section-blog/43-wiiguid...-softmod40.html guide with no fear or
i'm not so stupid and i may format?

please don't go hard on me =P

thanks

ilbalta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok i got it my idea is simple stupid ^^

however i'm alredy under 3.2E (i stickied to this due to datel's freeloader, even after geckoOS came out) and i was wondering if it is ok to update even with lots of stuff that i don't control :S

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Something to clean a Wii and install Sysmenu 4.0:

Two times i use this way to fix my bricked Wii with SysMenu 4.0 with Preloader and one time i use it to clean up my Wii.

1. Start Firmware Downgrader via HBC
2. Downgrade to a Firmware < 3.3 and doesn't restart the Wii
3. Again use Firmware Downgrader and install Firmware 3.3
4. Restart the Wii
5. Install Firmware 4.0 with the Wii itself
6. Initialize(Is this the correct word?) the Wii

There was no Problem for me, the Wii seems clean after this and work fine and with Bannerbomb i hack it again with nothing more than i need.

No warranty that this is perfect, but for me it was ok for three times!
Since this i only use simply what i need. No cIOSCORP, no mIOS, ... but if you need it i can say it also work fine on 4.0.

Edit:
*argh*
Shame on me.
After i read the posting from DeadlyFoez/FenrirWolf ... That ^^ is my way because i can't install BootMii as Boot2!
I can only use it as IOS, and thats the reason to use a save way for everything.
On an old Wii, with BootMii as Boot2 there is no problem to test everythink like a simple update to 4.0.
You can restore the nand and try it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE