PS1/2 Format Ps2 Hard drive to 48bit without winhiip?

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
Title speaks for itself. I have a 300gb hard drive for ps2, and need it formatted to 48bit, but I don't want to screw around with sata cables and buy any extra hardware just to get it hooked up to my PC to do something as basic as formatting it to 48bit. However, I can't find any homebrew for the ps2 or programs for pc that let me format the hard drive on the ps2 itself or over FTP. I've tried formatting with Ulaunchelf as well as letting HDLoader and OPL do their thing, but both of them format as 24bit and only give me access to 130gb of the drive. If anyone knows any methods to format the hdd without winhiip I would greatly appreciate it.

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey all,
Title speaks for itself. I have a 300gb hard drive for ps2, and need it formatted to 48bit, but I don't want to screw around with sata cables and buy any extra hardware just to get it hooked up to my PC to do something as basic as formatting it to 48bit. However, I can't find any homebrew for the ps2 or programs for pc that let me format the hard drive on the ps2 itself or over FTP. I've tried formatting with Ulaunchelf as well as letting HDLoader and OPL do their thing, but both of them format as 24bit and only give me access to 130gb of the drive. If anyone knows any methods to format the hdd without winhiip I would greatly appreciate it.
That is strange, it should be possible to format it with uLaunchELF. Try the newest version of wLaunchELF and see if that works -- drives up to 2TB should be supported, if I recall correctly

Reactions: Ryccardo

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is strange, it should be possible to format it with uLaunchELF. Try the newest version of wLaunchELF and see if that works -- drives up to 2TB should be supported, if I recall correctly
Never mind got it figured out, posting explanation here for anyone else having the same issue.
Apparently my PS2 Hard drive was formatted correctly the entire time, but I ended up somehow downloading some ancient out of date version of HDLDUMB which could only read up to 128gb. Fixed it by downloading the latest version of HDLDUMB from this link (http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2738), it read my hard drive's 300gb size right away seems to be working perfectly.

Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters