OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi !!

i've just bought a brand new HDD.(usb powered)
i've formated it with WBFS manager , added a game onto it , and tried on my wii : works flawlessly !!!
it's this model , payed 55€ on the web (not Amazon , on a french site)
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Portable-Ext...X/dp/B0013FSKSA

Now i know it works , i'd like to reformat it , and then create a FAT32 partition and a WBFS one.

What is the best way to do this ? (assuming i'm on XP service pack2)
Cause i'm unable to format a partition under FAT32 in XP (doesn't want......)

And what is the fastest way to clone my old HDD to the new one ? (copying all games the most quickly possible).

Thanks for your help
wink.gif

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Create two partitions using Windows XP's Disk Management utiliy (you can get there by Right-Clicking on My Computer -> Manage) > if you must, delete any existing partition on the hard disk LETTER by right-clicking it and hit DELETE PARTITION
Keep in mind, that when you create two partitions, your first partition will be the FAT32 one. When you create the Partitions, do not choose to format them at all.

DISK MANAGEMENT IS A DANGEROUS TOOL IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY. YOU CAN SIMPLY DELETE ANY PARTITIONS CARELESSLY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Google and download FAT32FORMAT.EXE
Use it with Command Prompt to it format both partitions. It will be quick and format it as FAT32.
Command line is >
fat32format.exe X:
where X is each drive letter found on your hard disk

Then use your favorite WBFS Manager to format/install your Wii games onto the second partition.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi !!

thanks for these usefull infos
wink.gif

it worked great , i now have my 2 partitions , one fat32 and one WBFS.
btw don't be afraid , i'm not a noob with computers , but i was too busy with my kid (and lazy) to search google for methods ^^
Asking here is so more simple lol

Thanks again
wink.gif

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeomite said:
Create two partitions using Windows XP's Disk Management utiliy (you can get there by Right-Clicking on My Computer -> Manage) > if you must, delete any existing partition on the hard disk LETTER by right-clicking it and hit DELETE PARTITION
Keep in mind, that when you create two partitions, your first partition will be the FAT32 one. When you create the Partitions, do not choose to format them at all.

DISK MANAGEMENT IS A DANGEROUS TOOL IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY. YOU CAN SIMPLY DELETE ANY PARTITIONS CARELESSLY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Google and download FAT32FORMAT.EXE
Use it with Command Prompt to it format both partitions. It will be quick and format it as FAT32.
Command line is >
fat32format.exe X:
where X is each drive letter found on your hard disk

Then use your favorite WBFS Manager to format/install your Wii games onto the second partition.

this is pretty much how I did it, only I used Swissknife to get it to format in FAT32

shoshinkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a related question...Is there not a way to NON DESTRUCTIVELY create a second partition on your already WBFS-formatted (and populated) drive? I mean, surely there's a method to re-size the WBFS partition in such a way as to format the reclaimed free space as FAT32 for disc images, etc. without losing you ISOs you already have stored on the drive
unsure.gif

Ultimately, I guess you *could* back up your ISOs to a secondary drive, but the time involved in doing so would be insane on a ~375GB of data, for instance.
frown.gif

BTW, long-time reader, first time poster. Love the work you guys have been doing on behalf of the scene.

-Sho

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shoshinkai said:
I have a related question...Is there not a way to NON DESTRUCTIVELY create a second partition on your already WBFS-formatted (and populated) drive? I mean, surely there's a method to re-size the WBFS partition in such a way as to format the reclaimed free space as FAT32 for disc images, etc. without losing you ISOs you already have stored on the drive
unsure.gif

Ultimately, I guess you *could* back up your ISOs to a secondary drive, but the time involved in doing so would be insane on a ~375GB of data, for instance.
frown.gif

BTW, long-time reader, first time poster. Love the work you guys have been doing on behalf of the scene.

-Sho

Welcome,

i'm pretty sure there isn't.

I ended up copying all my ISO's to my windows HDD and resizing everything, its not as bad as you think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night