'Forgotton Anne' Nintendo Switch launch brought forward

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Nov 2, 2018.

Front-page
    FA.JPG

In a rather unusual move, Square Enix Collective has brought the release date of the Nintendo Switch version of Forgotton Anne forward. Initially planned for a release next year, the publisher announced today that the game will be available on the eShop much earlier than expected.

"I think I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve been able to reach out and tell people that we’ve brought forward the launch of a game,” says Phil Elliott, Director of Indie Publishing at Square Enix. “It’s quite exciting to be able to bring ThroughLine Games’ beguiling anime adventure to Nintendo gamers ahead of schedule, especially given the number of requests we’ve had for a Nintendo Switch version ever since its debut earlier this year. Now we can deliver.”

Starting next week, players can embark on a quite unique adventure, one that I undertook myself when I reviewed the game on PC. To get a glimpse of what to expect, check out the brand new trailer made available for today's announcement:

“A Nintendo Switch version was always something we had planned to bring to life, and it’s amazing that we can do this earlier than we expected,” says Alfred Nguyen, Creative Director and Co-founder of ThroughLine Games. “We think playing Forgotton Anne in handheld mode feels fantastic and should serve as a perfect match for the Nintendo Switch console’s fast expanding audience.”

Forgotton Anne launches on November 9, 2018 for Nintendo Switch. For one week only, players can purchase the game at a 10% discount (regular price £15.99/$19.99/€19.99).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
    :arrow: Forgotton Anne Official GBAtemp Review

damiano2712 likes this.
    Discussion (7 replies)
  1. FMCore

FMCore Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Canada
    Wow that doesn't happen too often.

2. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2018
    United States
    California
    Nice! I've been looking forward to getting this game. Nice to know I can get it next week.

3. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    It's always refreshing to see this happen in an industry that's rife with delays.

Prans, zeldaism and KingVamp like this.
  4. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Forgot about it already...

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    The animation looks nice. Read some mixed reviews in terms of the gameplay, though.

6. jjjoshiii

jjjoshiii Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Australia
    i guess you could call it "forgot anne" :rofl2:

7. Shrike

Shrike Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Germany
    Super cool game ! Looking forward to it very much !