Forgot to Reformat 3DS before trading it in at GameStop...

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Thirty3Three, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Thirty3Three
    OP

Member Thirty3Three Musician Member

United States
    Oops.

Well, long story short:

-Traded 3ds towards XL
    -Forgot to Format my 3ds and sd card. Both are as they were. Non-reformatted
    -I had my club nintendo account linked to my old 3ds (And it probably, still is...)
    -My 3ds can now be sold with my information on it...
    -My club nintendo account is activated on both systems (pretty self-explanatory...)

Question time!

1) Can I somehow 'delete' my account remotely, from my old 3ds, via computer or my new 3ds xl? (Like, you can do this with the Sony consoles, sooo...)

2) Do the employees at GameStop reformat the system AND the sd card? (And if they forget...?)

3) If I were to buy a game on my CURRENT 3ds, from the eshop, will the person who bought my old 3ds be able to download it/play it for free and be able to alter my account and whatnot?

Thanks!

2. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Accounts are tied to the system so nothing will happen and if you didn't have anything important on it then you have nothing to worry about, even if you did have things on it they still format the systems before resale.

They probably won't forget to do it, especially since there was some kid who got a used 3DS full with pr0n on it some time ago, they definitely don't want the same thing to happen again.

Did you do a system transfer? If so your old 3DS doesn't have anything on it.

3. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    3) No, all purchases are linked to a single 3DS.

How long ago did you trade it in? If you have the serial number you could probably ask them to check it for you

4. Thirty3Three
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the update! And no, I hadn't done a system transfer. Oops. Lol.

5. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    Return to the store where you traded it. If it was in the last few days, there's a good chance it will still be there, and they might even let you do the system transfer.

6. Thirty3Three
    OP

United States
    I've traded it in about 2 weeks about lol... And I saw that many 3ds' there were the same ones that I had? (Color-wise)

I'm just scared that someone can access my club nintendo account and all that...

7. Thirty3Three
    OP

United States
    And okay... Question... let's say I decided to LEAVE IT AS IT IS. If I were to enter my billing information and credit card info and all of that into my account, would it appear on the old 3ds, and would they be able to use my card to buy things?

And when gamestop formats... stuff.... do the Club Nintendo accounts delete from said system?

8. RedCoreZero

Banned RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

United States
    Actually yes,they will be able to accesss your card,unless you have a code.They wont access your Club Nintendo,it can even be a good thing to have it there still,if you think about it.

When you format it's like it's out of the box!That means no anything saved is deleted.

9. Thirty3Three
    OP

United States
    Thanks...

And if I delete my club nintendo account, and make a new one? - If I do this, what will happen to the account on the old 3ds?

The only real think I have going for me with club Nintendo, at the moment, are the stupid 400 points, and the fact that I can get starfox for free (the promo going on right now - dont care about that though haha!)

10. 112345veronica

Member 112345veronica GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    shops where you traded the 3ds console in say they format it so probably is already done thats whats my local Gamestop say

11. Thirty3Three
    OP

United States
    well i deleted my old account. Who cares about some free promo game. thanks guys!

I made a new account. Too bad I cant register my 3ds xl since it was already registered on my old account LOL

12. Thirty3Three
    OP

United States
    Wait.... I deleted my ESHOP account. I still have my Club Nintendo account then, right? Weird.....

So if I were to change my username + password, on my club nintendo account (The one on my old 3ds system and on this 3ds system) will the old 3ds system-user not be able to use the account?

ALSO,

If I buy something from the shop, will I have the option to NOT save my credit card info on there?

13. RedCoreZero

United States
    I need those points, why,why!!!

14. RedCoreZero

United States
    I can't answer those questions.

15. ThatNPC

Newcomer ThatNPC Member

United States
    I thought Gamestop formatted handhelds when traded in?