Forgot to delete Wii Shopping Channel before region change. Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pedro6994, Oct 31, 2011.

1. pedro6994
    OP

Newcomer pedro6994 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi need a bit of advice if possible. I softmodded a USA wii for a friend and changed the region to Europe / PAL. Everything is fine apart from getting a region error in the shopping channel. I should have deleted the shopping channel acount before changing the region but forgot. Now I think the solution is to change the region back to USA, delete the shopping channel account, then Change region again back to Europe and create a new account.

The only thing is I am worried about bricking the wii. Is there any risk in doing what I am suggesting? Is there anything extra I need to do or an easier solution to the problem?

Cheers

Peter

2. ground

Member ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    i am not sure, but cant you use anyregionchanger to change the shop channel region code to 110? and maybe you need to set theEULA to EU?

I dont remember how i did it, but i managed to change it to USA without reinstalling.

i will try it for you when i have the time ;)

3. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    When I try to use my shop channel , it reboots the wii ..... anyone have any ideas why ?

4. pedro6994
    OP

United Kingdom

Hi cheers for the reply. I think the issue is that my friend set up a shopping channel account in the USA when the wii was untouched (USA Region U) so the shopping channel is expecting a USA region wii to connect to the account and errors when trying to connect. In thr tutorial I followed it warned it would be an issue unless you delete your online chopping channel account before changing the region. Ill have a look at anyregion changer tonight to see if I can just temporarily switch the shopping channel region back to USA so I can delete his shopping channel account then switch it back to Europe and create him a new account. Bit of a pain but if it doesnt cause issues with the wii then Ill just go for it.

5. ground

Netherlands
    the following thin worked for me:

download any region changer and start it on your wii.

Then set the code behind ''wii shop channel'' to a code from the following list http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Country_Codes
    then set the EULA to read.

restart the wii and it should work

6. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

That will only let you browse the shop channel, it won't allow anything to be purchased/downloaded.

7. ground

Netherlands
    i downloaded netflix once with this method

8. pedro6994
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone thanks for your help. Managed to get it sorted last night. I loaded up archmod / any region changer and changed the wii shop channel to USA and EULA to read(cheers ground) after that I connected to the wii shop channel and was able to remove the USA wii shopping channel account that my mate set up when he was in the US yipee!. After that I loaded archmod / any region changer again and changed the wii shop channel back to European. Once the pesky usa account was removed from wii shopping channel (asks for your wii serial when removing) It would then allow me to connect to the European shopping channel and create a new account without any errors.

This is very useful if you change your wii from 1 region to another and forget to remove your shopping channel account like I did ;)