Hacking Forgot how to play .DS games on Gateway Blue card...

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing great with my Gateway but I keep getting SD/TF errors when I try to run the RPG game. I just picked up a couple new micro SD cards so I was wondering if somebody can tell me how I need to format the micro SD and SD cards to play them? Also am I going to need to use a new SD card other than the one I'm using to play my .3ds games so I don't lose my saves (or are they saved on my micro?) or is it okay for me to use the same SD card or am I going to format it differently so I can't play my .3ds games? I just need some basic step by step instructions. Thanks ahead guys!

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the same micro SD on both cards, my friend does that with her 32 GB. You just need to be sure you have the blue card files on your micro SD, which is the _RPG folder and one other file I believe. You can have the DS roms anywhere on your micro SD.
Also be sure you're on 4.5, it won't work on 9.0 firmware. Not unless you install cearp's special cia.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
To use the same microSD on both the blue card and the red card you would need to format it to fat32, exfat is only readable by the red card
Also some games save inside the rom on the microSD (card2 games like Pokemon and animal crossing) so would be best to backup your contents before formatting.

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a second card I forgot if both exFat and Fat32 can have .3ds games over 4GB on em or not? Okay makes sense why my downgraded 3DS could read the exploit (still got the SD/TF error) but I don't know why I can't launch my games from my 3DS profile anymore... Dunno what I changed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte