Hacking Forgot button combo for deceyptwip9/ luma settings/ emunand tool

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,111
  • Replies 24
D

Deleted User

OP
So Im on a9lh'ed n3ds for lotta time. And I used a very old version of pleilects guide, so now its very diffrent then back then.
I have luma cfw (when I did the guide I used cakes back then), on latest (11.shit) and I forgot what button combination to hold while boot to get every option. Im not gonna try 'em all, right?
So I dont even remember what bootable apps were avaliable... like decrypt9wip and luma config I think?
Please help! I really need to backup b4 I will do the next reckless thing...

D

Deleted-379826

OP
So Im on a9lh'ed n3ds for lotta time. And I used a very old version of pleilects guide, so now its very diffrent then back then.
I have luma cfw (when I did the guide I used cakes back then), on latest (11.shit) and I forgot what button combination to hold while boot to get every option. Im not gonna try 'em all, right?
So I dont even remember what bootable apps were avaliable... like decrypt9wip and luma config I think?
Please help! I really need to backup b4 I will do the next reckless thing...
Try everything (not too many buttons) or just look in your luma and then payloads folder on your sd card, it will have the combination at the start

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Payload Chainloading
Allows you to run other ARM9 programs on boot.
How to use:

Put any payload you wish to use in SD:/luma/payloads, and rename it to<button>_<name>.bin (where <name> can be whatever you want)

<button>_<name>.bin can be as follows:

• x_NAME.bin
  • y_NAME.bin
  • select_NAME.bin
  • start_NAME.bin
  • r_NAME.bin
  • a_NAME.bin
  • right_NAME.bin
  • left_NAME.bin
  • up_NAME.bin
  • down_NAME.bin
For r_NAME.bin, a_NAME.bin and select_NAME.bin you need to press L+R, L+A andL+SELECT on boot respectively.
For any other payload you only need to hold its corresponding button.
If you're using a non-screen-init version of A9LH, it will be done automatically before launching the payload. :mellow:

D

Deleted User

OP
Try everything (not too many buttons) or just look in your luma and then payloads folder on your sd card, it will have the combination at the start
Thats what I get:

Attachments

• IMG-20160726-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20160726-WA0024.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 568
D

Deleted User

OP
Payload Chainloading
Allows you to run other ARM9 programs on boot.
How to use:

Put any payload you wish to use in SD:/luma/payloads, and rename it to<button>_<name>.bin (where <name> can be whatever you want)

<button>_<name>.bin can be as follows:

• x_NAME.bin
  • y_NAME.bin
  • select_NAME.bin
  • start_NAME.bin
  • r_NAME.bin
  • a_NAME.bin
  • right_NAME.bin
  • left_NAME.bin
  • up_NAME.bin
  • down_NAME.bin
For r_NAME.bin, a_NAME.bin and select_NAME.bin you need to press L+R, L+A andL+SELECT on boot respectively.
For any other payload you only need to hold its corresponding button.
If you're using a non-screen-init version of A9LH, it will be done automatically before launching the payload. :mellow:
What def means? Im using a real old version...

D

Deleted User

OP
old version of what? LumaCFW?
I have no idea, why didn't ya update???
Old version of payload/someotherfancyword i guess... the luma is up to date afaik (5.5) and didnt update dat fancy thing cause everything works fine so why should I?

Ah and from dat picture I placed here its clear that x does something, but when I try to hold it with/without L/R/both it does nothing... what should I do?
Instslling cias working fine though (if it even matters) but 3dsx version of decrypt9wip and emunamdtool dont work- just blink with a red screen and returns to hbl

Last edited by ,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What def means? Im using a real old version...
iirc Def is short for Default, which is what the default payload is if no button is held. You should update Luma to the latest version, which doesn't use Def.bin and uses a different naming system for the payloads (<button>_<name>.bin)

D

Deleted User

OP
iirc Def is short for Default, which is what the default payload is if no button is held. You should update Luma to the latest version, which doesn't use Def.bin and uses a different naming system for the payloads (<button>_<name>.bin)
How to do it?

D

Deleted User

OP
How to do it?
I used that homebrew cia luma updater yesrlterday... and with or without updat my x button (or some combo of it) but it does nothing... if ill add a _ and some random shit after the x will it work?

Last edited by ,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to do it?
You can download the latest files from here (not the dev version):
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Backup your /luma/payloads folder, delete arm9loaderhax.bin and the /luma folder, then replace those with the ones you downloaded.
I then recommend redownloading payloads according to Plailect guide (Section I: Steps 7-14 from https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax))
Install the CIA files you downloaded from those steps in the guide, and after that you will have the latest versions of those payloads, FBI, and homebrewlauncher_loader along with a program that will update luma for you from the 3ds in the future.
In the future if you have to update luma, you can simply run the Luma Updater from your home menu.
I also recommend looking into updating A9LH to v2. It's not necessary, but does open the door to allow larger payloads in the future. You'll have to seek help from a more advanced user for how to do that.

Edit: Original question edited

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to do it?
I used that homebrew cia luma updater yesrlterday... and with or without updat my x button (or some combo of it) but it does nothing... if ill add a _ and some random shit after the x will it work?
Yes, follow the format that Sonic Angel Knight posted earlier (the payload chaining post). Luma3DS v5.5 follows that naming format. It will work then provided you are on v5.5.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, follow the format that Sonic Angel Knight posted earlier (the payload chaining post). Luma3DS v5.5 follows that naming format. It will work then provided you are on v5.5.
I would update all of the payloads to their latest versions, especially if OP got them a while back like they are stating.

Reactions: KunoichiZ
D

Deleted User

OP
I would update all of the payloads to their latest versions, especially if OP got them a while back like they are stating.
Ok I will update my payloads...

Edit: But wait... those payload bins include the whole program? Or are they just redirecting to the real thing? Because in the second case I would need to update lotta things fir it to work...
Also is there a CIA for updating payloads?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I will update my payloads...

Edit: But wait... those payload bins include the whole program? Or are they just redirecting to the real thing? Because in the second case I would need to update lotta things fir it to work...
Also is there a CIA for updating payloads?
The payloads re-direct to the real thing, iirc, i.e. a Decrypt9 payload will load up Decrypt9. There is no CIA for updating payloads, you have to do it manually.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The payloads re-direct to the real thing, iirc, i.e. a Decrypt9 payload will load up Decrypt9. There is no CIA for updating payloads, you have to do it manually.
Actually the .bin (what we call payloads) do contain the entire program, so all you need to do is grab the latest .bin files for Decrypt9/Hourglass9/etc. from their respective download sites, which is given in the guide I linked to in my post, which I even gave the exact steps that go over what to name them and where to put them.
I then recommend redownloading payloads according to Plailect guide (Section I: Steps 7-14 from https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax))

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: