Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iD Software, Crytek, Activision, Sega, Ubisoft & erm that other one that does Unreal engine games...you know the ones...they just do shooters now but used to do Jill of the Jungle...yeah Epic Games. Forget those, Valve are interested in Wii U!

QUOTE said:
"Wii U seems to be a lot more powerful than the previous generation," he told Joystiq. "It sort of fits better into the scalability in terms of graphics performance and CPU performance, so I think it'll be a lot easier for us to fit it into our scalability model." Valve has yet to release any of its games on a Nintendo console, though Gabe told us, "We've always loved Nintendo." He also pointed out that Valve has been slowly transitioning from the PC to console counterparts, starting with Xbox 360 and more recently moving to the PlayStation 3 in a major way with Steam getting ported to Sony's console.

And it looks like Nintendo may be next, as Newell restated, "Now it's a lot easier to look at Wii U and have it fit within that framework." As for us, we're most excited to see what Valve might do with the WiiPad.

WHERES MY EPISODE FUCKING 3???? And while you're at it release a Portal 1 & 2 pack that comes with this as a Wiimote controller:

portal-gun-4.jpg

Linky

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Holy $%^&*($^@. I'd love to see Valve games on a Nintendo console/portable!
Love almost all of their games, except for Team Fortress 2. It just doesn't do it for me.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't call being 50% more powerful than 4.5 year old hardware being significantly more powerful and closer to the CPU and graphics performance that they would want. Being a PC developer (having been? They seem undecided on where they are headed), I still don't think this is gonna be enough for them.

Regardless, neat news. I wouldn't be surprised to see Portal 1 and 2 get ported to the Wii U, along with a port of the Orange Box.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not convinced; back in 2006 they said they were interested in the Wii as well, but my Orange Box Wii port still hasn't been released...

This time around, Nintendo has a better chance though. When the Wii U releases it's the most powerful console around - even though it probably won't be for more than a few years. If developement is easy enough, I don't see why Valve wouldn't invest in porting their games to it.

On the other hand, it might take a couple of years before the next Valve game for console (Dota 2 will be PC only), and the Wii U might be slightly dated by then. We'll have to wait and see.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope the Wii U is good for Nintendo. I don't care that it isn't really a "Next Gen" console, but as long as they release good games, I don't care what they look like. I still play N64 and Gamecube games for godsakes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I wouldn't call being 50% more powerful than 4.5 year old hardware being significantly more powerful and closer to the CPU and graphics performance that they would want. Being a PC developer (having been? They seem undecided on where they are headed), I still don't think this is gonna be enough for them.

Regardless, neat news. I wouldn't be surprised to see Portal 1 and 2 get ported to the Wii U, along with a port of the Orange Box.
Like some kinda Valve Collection would be nice.
tongue.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this is awesome, I look forward to seeing Valve games on the Wii U. And I want that Portal Gun from the picture.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Agree - WHERE IS EPISODE 3 ?????

& can you imagine playing 3-way Co-op Portal (2 using the 6" screen, while another using the main screen ??)

Pretty sure that good 'ol two person co-op is as good as it is ever going to get for Portal. Otherwise, they would have to add another Portal gun, three person co-op to every other version, and it would just be a mess.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A total Half Life Collection with 1 & 2, Episode 1-2, Opposing Force and Blue Shift would be lovely. I guess they backed out of Wii when 3rd party games weren't doing that great just like when they did Half Life for Dreamcast.

Playing these games on the consoles is just so damn rigid, Portal is fine seeing its a slow paced game but I hate playing FPS with twin sticks. With a Wiimote it'll be second to mouse.

Maybe Dota 2 will come out first, though at the moment its PC & Mac only. Only just found out that L4D1 or 2 hasn't even made PS3 so to me its a big thing to see them come out to say that they're interested.

Also Episode 3 is the new Duke Nukem Forever...only if it comes out it'll be good and will actually be akin to the other games in the series rather than a bad cover version resembling nothing of the original games.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the title is so unfair... its like saying, everyone sucks or their opinions dont matter ... except valve
ya okay they make amazing games but others do deserve respect. anyways
valve = unique games
wii u = unique controls

valve + wii u = Uniquity at its maxim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)