that1dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to do this?
My monitor, which I use as a display for my consoles, only handles HD or progressive inputs, it seems to hate 480i.

Any help is appreciated.

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a handful of games support it, but yes, it can be done. When the game starts up hold triangle and x and until you are given the option to go to progressive scan.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I seem to remember a VGA adapter being on sale for the PS2 a while back, they must have figured out how to solve the interlacing problem Haruhi mentioned.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
How did you get it working?

I've got a 60GB ps3 and I'm using a monitor as a display.

It seems to run all ps3 games but none of my ps2 games seem to work on it. How did you get it to work on your ps2?

that1dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had downloaded a cracked ELF of xploder HD player, stuck it on a usb stick, and started it with my swapmagic. (Only way to start it, as I can't see anything on the monitor before the elf starts up.) I select 480P through the menu of the ELF, and start it up with the swapmagic still inside - and for some reason, it reboots to the ps2 menu. From there, I can go ahead and put in whatever game I want, or play whatever homebrew.

I don't think the PS3 has been hacked yet though, so my method will only work with a ps2.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Guess it wont work with my ps3, thanks for the info though
grog.gif

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using swap magic i loaded a burned cd of the loader but it always hangs on the loading game screen. Any idea why?

that1dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wingzrow said:
Using swap magic i loaded a burned cd of the loader but it always hangs on the loading game screen. Any idea why?
I never had any luck with the burned cd or dvd, I just used the elf.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow