Hacking Forcing Gamecube games to run in 480i over Componite Cables?

floattube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a soft modded Wii, lots of Gamecube games on my hard drive. I load these games using USB Loader GX. Now I have an SDTV that has component input, but the TV doesn't output 480p. That's not a problem for Wii games because I can set them to play at 480i, however Gamecube games still try to run in 480p. I have no composite cables to switch to, or I would just do that. I can't find any way to make the games run in 480i instead of 480p.

floattube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried both of those, neither of them work. There is even an option in Wii Flow to set it to NTSC 480i, but it still screwed up.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DIOS MIOS splash screen is always in 480p if component cables are detected, but it should return to 480i unless the loader is set to force 480p. You'll have to either use composite cables to avoid this issue, or you could turn off the TV for the duration of the splash screen.

floattube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DIOS MIOS splash screen is always in 480p if component cables are detected, but it should return to 480i unless the loader is set to force 480p. You'll have to either use composite cables to avoid this issue, or you could turn off the TV for the duration of the splash screen.
Wow, I feel like a dimwit. A few games I have on my Wii don't give me the option of progressive scan and those were the games I was testing this on. Tried a different game and waited, it started right up. I'm gonna order composite because not all the games work with the component. Thanks for the info though, I really appreciate it.

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
try this on USB loader GX or CFG Usb LOader:

On USB Loader GX, go to Settings > Loader Settings, and set ''GC Force Interlace'' to ON

on CFG Usb Loader mod choose the game, go to options and set ''Video Patch'' to OFF

this worked for me and disabled the Progressive Scan Screen on games that have it

Reactions: lastninjagaijin

lastninjagaijin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gee, what a conundrum...

Oh I know lol it achieves the same end, just thought I would mention that for r1209 the option is worded differently.. for anyone that might have been confused by that. I'm ok with progressive vs interlaced, but personally my brain implodes when trying to sort out component vs composite for instance. So for people that have 'lysdexia' (ahah I'm sure that's how they'd spell it) when it comes to option menus, I thought'd I'd clarify :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr