Homebrew Forcing 3ds to boot ntr games in twl mode?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,532
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
Just curious if there is a way to boot a game cart in twl mode that is intended for ntr mode?

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use DSiMenu++ to run an NTR game with TWL clock speed, but that breaks some games. I use it for Trackmania Turbo, but (for example) it causes the Sonic Rush trilogy to crash midway through any level.

Reactions: Itzumi

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use DSiMenu++ to run an NTR game with TWL clock speed, but that breaks some games. I use it for Trackmania Turbo, but (for example) it causes the Sonic Rush trilogy to crash midway through any level.
Taiko games just have a seizure when played in twl mode

Reactions: SCOTT0852

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just curious if there is a way to boot a game cart in twl mode that is intended for ntr mode?
The CycloDS iEvo did this, it had some drawbacks, namely bugs and broken wifi. Normally there is no reason you would want to do that. Running at TWL clock speed I can understand though, and that should have far less issues than just outright running them in TWL mode.

Reactions: Itzumi

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can do it with DSiMenu++. It's great in some few games, because sometimes it does make the game run faster. I think GoldenEye 007 see some nice improvements when running on a faster clock speed, but i might just be confusing games here. But it's worth the try.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trilogy? There's only two Sonic Rush games.

D

Deleted User

OP
The CycloDS iEvo did this, it had some drawbacks, namely bugs and broken wifi. Normally there is no reason you would want to do that. Running at TWL clock speed I can understand though, and that should have far less issues than just outright running them in TWL mode.
Well it's not exactly for a specific game. I was curious on how running twl mode on a flash card, such as a r4igold rts would effect it. Since it does run everything in ntr mode. Including dsi enhanced games (which makes sense, since the cart itself is ntr and not twl)

Last edited by ,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well it's not exactly for a specific game. I was curious on how running twl mode on a flash card, such as a r4igold rts would effect it. Since it does run everything in ntr mode. Including dsi enhanced games (which makes sense, since the cart itself is ntr and not twl)
I don't think anyone's figured that out yet. DSi enhanced games would in theory work that way but the flashcart firmware might have issues running, and it might still try to boot DSi enhanced games in DS mode.

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't think anyone's figured that out yet. DSi enhanced games would in theory work that way but the flashcart firmware might have issues running, and it might still try to boot DSi enhanced games in DS mode.
Well the only way to see if it would cause problems would to test if it would work. Which is the reason I asked since as far as I know, there isn't any method of forcing a ntr physical game to boot into twl mode. I've seen it the other way with dsimenu++ since it does force twl carts to run as ntr.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What I'm trying to say is if we don't try we won't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1