Hacking Forced Wii Update

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem. On the disc channel, whether a disc is in or not, there's a Wii update image on it, which the Wii obviously has to be updated. My first mistake I made was having Wiiconnect24 on. What's the safest way to get around this currently, without bricking my Wii or damaging it in any way? And yes, I've searched for a topic with this problem, but no results for me.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Manic said:
Problem. On the disc channel, whether a disc is in or not, there's a Wii update image on it,
WTF?! :wtf:

You might need IOS53 or you can update the SM using Dop-IOS MOD but not sure if that ruins anything for your softmod.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, without a disc in it, it didn't appear this time, so I dunno. Going to use that tutorial, however.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
BBking83 said:
Manic said:
Problem. On the disc channel, whether a disc is in or not, there's a Wii update image on it,
WTF?! :wtf:

You might need IOS53 or you can update the SM using Dop-IOS MOD but not sure if that ruins anything for your softmod.

Using an SM update with DOP-IOS might end up overwriting any cIOS's he may have with stubs. I still stand by following xzxero's guide (tried and tested), and it will get you where you want to be.

As for Priiloader, here you go

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...p;hl=priiloader

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed all of what was listed on the tutorial, except for anything that did with Preloader .30. I also noticed something that I might want to get some help on. After deleting the old Internet Channel from the Wii channels, I exited out, and there was a black screen saying that the Wii files are corrupt. Did I do something wrong..? Also, whenever starting up the Wii Shop Channel, I get a black screen. :/ AND, the Wii System Update screen still appears on the Wii Disc screen with a disc in.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, when I load Priiloader, I did what was said in the tutorial, but when I try going back to the System Menu, it brings me back to Priiloader's menu, and not the actual System Menu. How do I fix this?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think its an issue with priiloader itself.

What version did you install the R15?

I've tried installing it on two wiis and have the exact same problem.
I set autoboot and return to system menu and make sure priiloader is
running off of the system menu ios and it still does the same thing just reloads the preloader menu everytime you select system menu.

There are a lot of other people with the exact same issue if you look around on the board.I finally gave up on trying to fix it and just reinstalled my system menu wad to overwrite priiloader.After that i just used starpatch for the hacks i wanted.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
icpmattj said:
I think its an issue with priiloader itself.

There are a lot of other people with the exact same issue if you look around on the board.I finally gave up on trying to fix it and just reinstalled my system menu wad to overwrite priiloader.After that i just used starpatch for the hacks i wanted.

Didn't know this, if that is the case take icpmattj's advice. Try Startpatch or Preloader 0.29

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and even installing a previous version and nothing i did would fix it so that's why i reinstalled the system menu wad to get rid of it.

Look on page 2 of this forum and you will see a topic i made about it.
You might want to post there as well to see if someone can help.The creator of priiloader replied in the topic i made as well so you might want to read what he said.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
This is REALLY common, you have some old IOS on your Wii if the system menu is up to date. You can easily update they IOS to stop this nag.

It bothers me too so when I softmod peoples Wiis I update all the IOS to the newest versions and then patch certain ones for certain things (I like some trucha IOS) after they are up-to-date.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for all the help guys. I fixed everything, by just reinstalling the System Menu and running Preloader a second time. It also got rid of my problem with the System Update on the disc channel. Now I can see the Smash Bros. Brawl screen again.
biggrin.gif

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more problem.. NeoGamma, Gecko, or WiiGator's backup loaders work. Whenever I try to load them up, I get a blank screen with no menu. NeoGamma asks if I have a Gecko in slot B, and when I press A, nothing happens. Is it that I'm missing an IOS or something?
Like this, this is WiiGator's loader.:
snapshot20091125z.jpg

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
Using an SM update with DOP-IOS might end up overwriting any cIOS's he may have with stubs.

Nah. Doing an official update will install stubbed cIOSes. Installing the correct IOS then the SM using Dop-IOS MOD will just simply change the SM version.

QUOTE(Manic @ Nov 25 2009, 09:26 PM) I fixed everything, by just reinstalling the System Menu and running Preloader a second time.
Does that mean what I suggested worked? Yay.

EDIT:
Actually, it could be that you are missing a cIOS...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs