RodPN

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
So I softmoded my Wii (Version 4.2) a couple of days ago with the stickied guide to play backups, everything was going fine until today when I tried to play an original Metroid Prime Trilogy, I popped it in went to the disc channel and it told me that I had to update the console to play the software, what do I do now?

EDIT: New Super Mario Bros Wii does the same thing and BTW it never asked me to update before when I played these games

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RodPN said:
So I softmoded my Wii (Version 4.2) a couple of days ago with the stickied guide to play backups, everything was going fine until today when I tried to play an original Metroid Prime Trilogy, I popped it in went to the disc channel and it told me that I had to update the console to play the software, what do I do now?
U can extract the ios it needs, but why don't u rip it to ur hard disk with the loader?

btw do u use any loader to play ur backups?

RodPN

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Burton said:
RodPN said:
U can extract the ios it needs, but why don't u rip it to ur hard disk with the loader?
I'm a complete noob at this and I didn't understand a word you said
rofl.gif

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RodPN said:
Burton said:
RodPN said:
rofl.gif

Do you launch games from NeoGamma or the Nintendo Wii Disc Channel?

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RodPN said:
Burton said:
RodPN said:
rofl.gif

EDIT: The above guy made the questions I was about to make.
rolleyes.gif

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the disc tells you to update, just go to Priiloader / preloader and go to System Menu Hacks and enable "Disable Disc Updates" and "Disable Online Updates" and you are good to go.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kryptical said:
If the disc tells you to update, just go to Priiloader / preloader and go to System Menu Hacks and enable "Disable Disc Updates" and "Disable Online Updates" and you are good to go.

or he can use startpatch for 4.2 +(region) and block the disc's update. Btw using neogamma stills ask u to update? I'm not clear at it as I never used Neogamma.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Burton said:
Kryptical said:

or he can use startpatch for 4.2 +(region) and block the disc's update. Btw using neogamma stills ask u to update? I'm not clear at it as I never used Neogamma.

I'm not sure either because when I use NeoGamma it never asked me to update anything, but then again I just burn game portions back then. Priiloader 0.4 Rev78 works perfectly for 4.2U (I use it and it works great).

@OP: Did you burn the disc 1:1 or just the game portion? If it's just the game portion, it shouldn't have told you to update (unless you burned it wrong). If you still can't fix the problem, it might be a good time to switch to using a external hard drive for your games.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kryptical said:
Burton said:
Kryptical said:

I'm not sure either because when I use NeoGamma it never asked me to update anything, but then again I just burn game portions back then. Priiloader 0.4 Rev78 works perfectly for 4.2U (I use it and it works great).

@OP: Did you burn the disc 1:1 or just the game portion? If it's just the game portion, it shouldn't have told you to update (unless you burned it wrong). If you still can't fix the problem, it might be a good time to switch to using a external hard drive for your games.
The thing here is that the OP hasn't been clear about his method of backup loading either by wii disc channel, neogamma or usb loading. If we don't get the clear picture of it we can't help much. He mentioned inserting an original disc but if that is the case what guide did he use to hack what on the wii?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Burton said:
Kryptical said:
Burton said:
Kryptical said:

The thing here is that the OP hasn't been clear about his method of backup loading either by wii disc channel, neogamma or usb loading. If we don't get the clear picture of it we can't help much.

Well from his first post he posts: I tried to play an original Metroid Prime Trilogy, I popped it in went to the disc channel.

He is probably playing it from the official Wii Disc Channel and the only thing he can do to stop the update is by using Priiloader and the method I posted for the OP.

RodPN

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry about not being clear, I use NeoGamma disc loading, for backups. I tried to use the disc channel for the regular original games, but it told me to update.

So should I just use Priiloader to block updates? And that'll let me use the disc channel for original games?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RodPN said:
Sorry about not being clear, I use NeoGamma disc loading, for backups. I tried to use the disc channel for the regular original games, but it told me to update.

So should I just use Priiloader to block updates? And that'll let me use the disc channel for original games?

It will block disc updates and firmware updates, and that will allow you to play the game.

RodPN

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Kryptical said:
RodPN said:

It will block disc updates and firmware updates, and that will allow you to play the game.
Ok, thanks, but what happens when there's an actual update, which I do need?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
which i do need?

actual update?
if there is a new system menu update, research it first before making any moves.

if its an IOS update, which will always come from a disc, you can use gecko os to run it and it will install it for you.

otherwise the game will just go to black screen if you dont have the required IOS installed.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RodPN said:
Kryptical said:
RodPN said:

Ok, thanks, but what happens when there's an actual update, which I do need?

When there is an actual update, Priiloader will block the update. Since it blocks the update new games that require that update will have a pre-installed update inside the disc and Priiloader will block the disc update too.

Remember, enable both "Disable Disc Updates" and "Disable Online Updates" and you will be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: