force unleashed demo

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Jarjaxle, Aug 22, 2008.

Aug 22, 2008

force unleashed demo by Jarjaxle at 2:22 AM (1,424 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Jarjaxle
    OP

Newcomer Jarjaxle Advanced Member

Canada
    hey how many people have played this i thought it was ok from the demo they didnt really let you do that much. really sucked when it just ended. i dont think it will be worth the full price i dunno guess we will wait and see

2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I'm pretty sure it'll be worth full price and more. The thing is, the Force Powers are the appeal of the game. They don't want you being at Sith Lord-like power in a little demo, it's a simple taste of things to come. They still give you a nice sense of power here though. Ripping TIE Fighters off the hanger walls and then chucking them for instance never gets old, nor is Force Gripping a helpless stormtrooper, then lift them up and as they cry for help, watch as an incoming TIE slams into it and explodes.

If you've seen any of the trailers, you know what kind of stuff you can pull off as you progress throughout the game, and it's insane. As far as the demo went, it did what it needed to accomplish. The game was playable, the first half or so of one of the earliest missions if not the first (not counting Vader's), and an early simple mini-boss battle on the side.

3. GN-001 Exia

Banned GN-001 Exia Banned

United States
    haven't played the demo but I already came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth a DVDr DL. I am gonna be getting it for the Wii.

4. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I thought it was really good. If the game is long enough or has good replay I'm buying.

5. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Since previous Star Wars action games were so fun, this game is on top of my wish list.
    I'm very looking forward to playing Vader, I heard he is playable at the beginning of the game.

6. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Dude, you were playing a DEMO. of course they won't let you do alot, Demos never do.

7. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    After replaying the demo again on their version of hard, I need to place more emphasis on the Force being the focus point. A majority of the enemies I fought against on this difficulty I relied on the Force a lot. Grabbed a crate or something, shocked it midair, then chucked it at a group of soldiers as a bomb and killing off a bunch in one throw. Relying on the hanging TIE Fighters in the hanger to take out the initial few groups to make your life easier. Needing to use Lightning to keep the AT-ST from stomping all over you.

You'll be using the Force more than the saber I'd imagine. And in a game called The Force Unleashed, that's what I'd expect. This game is going to be so damn good when it's finally out.

8. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    From the trailer, it appears your hands will be busy chaining force combos.
    But there could be more lightsaber oriented builds.. I found A+LB, X+Y+Y pretty fun in the demo.

9. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Cant download yet. Im silver membership. I want to play so bad... [​IMG]

10. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It was on when I went round a friends today. I was reminded very much of Jedi power battles for the PS1 (although better by a long way).

Either way it looks as though the slightly clunky force powers of the jedi knight series (one of the only series based on star wars that I find any good) will be put to rest.

Pity there is to be no PC version (it was that game that Lucas arts said it would not happen right?) as some really nice mods could be made.

11. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    they said that most people won't have a computer that can't handle the game.... so what, I wanna play. ppl need to upgrade. at least port the demo to PC

12. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    I adore this demo and I'm looking forward to the full game!

13. Jarjaxle
    OP

Newcomer Jarjaxle Advanced Member

Canada
    saw on gamerankings tonight that the official xbox magazine has given the game 75% it didnt seem that bad. i dont really care for what reviewers say i usually judge the game myself by playing it.

14. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I thought the demo was good. Can't wait for the full game/