Force enable Analog stick for PSONE Classics on Vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Dochartaigh, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Dochartaigh
    OP

Dochartaigh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    I have several PSOne games on my Vita (bought from the PSN store). These games didn't natively have analog stick use so that feature is turned off. Is there anyway to enable using the left analog stick instead of the D-Pad in these games? I have a touch of arthritis so it's literally hurting me to use the d-pad for extended periods of time (analog is SO much less effort and easier)

I know there was a hack on the PSP (which basically mapped the d-pad to the left stick), but haven't been able to find anything like this for the Vita. Thanks.

2. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Did you try, while on the game, to hold finger on the vita screen for a few seconds, until open the menu select to make your changes? You have to choose Controller Settings then choose Switch Modes then pick Analog.

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You can just edit the controls so the left stick, while in digital mode, acts as the D-Pad. No hacks needed, it's in the game settings.

4. Dochartaigh
    OP

Dochartaigh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    Beautiful and so simple! I thought that when I went into controller mode and switched it to analog and ALL the buttons stopped working that was the only way! Custom settings and mapping up/down/left/right to the Left Analog stick did the trick. Thanks - and my hands thank you!