Forbes: PS4 versions of multiplats will be noticeably better than X1 games

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, Jun 17, 2013.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    [​IMG]

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

In the past, Xbox 360 games looked better out of the gate and over time PS3 games progressively improved to the point where games like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls stand out even against some next gen titles. But if this differentiator holds true, not only will Xbox One games have DRM issues and no rental options and limited used game opportunities, the games won’t look as good as PS4 titles. That sounds like a perfect storm of negativity for the hardcore gamers.

This processing power issue also could be a potential reason behind the latest controversy that has emerged for Microsoft at E3, in which photos were taken of some Xbox One games running on Windows 7 PCs with NVIDIA graphics cards. Sony PS4 developers took to Twitter saying PS4 demos were running on PS4 dev kits. I know playing PS4 games behind closed doors that the PS4 was clearly visible as I played.

Source - PS4 Sold Out At Amazon - Forbes

2. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Even devs help Microsoft dig up the Xbone's grave. :rofl:

3. beta4attack

beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    Xbox Done? But seriously, can anybody tell me one positive thing about the Xbox One? O.o

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  5. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

Can't see where that says it can't be inferior. It reads to me like it must have the same content and features and must release at the same time. Doesn't say anything about graphics fidelity or performance, even between the lines that I can make out.

6. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Sony really are on the ball with the PS4. It's the most powerful console, its cheaper than the Xbone, they haven't fucked up their used gaem policy, remote play might not be complete shit. Shit looks good for them.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Possibly but on matters of high res textures, people claiming 60fps is necessary and whatever else along those lines being selling points it could get interesting.

8. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High

If you wait until the system has been out for awhile, find and ask/bribe an XBox fanboy to add you as a "family member". Then you can mooch his old games.

That's about it.

Hikaru likes this.
  9. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    The grave keeps on getting wider.

ordonezeddie07 likes this.
  10. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    It has Forza 5 <3, some other good looking exclusives, but that's pretty much it. Nothing good about the console.

11. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    MS is paying BIG for exclusives. I despise MS's anti-competitive tactics, but this could be a differentiating factor that hurts the PS4.
    It's great that PS4 will use less invasive DRM (it's up to the publishers, so we'll see), and be more powerful, but if MS gets wider support from publishers, that will matter to consumers.

12. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Well if they're trying to get exclusives they're pulling a ps3 which had a lot and didn't really prove that they were better in third party games. And it's a lot more 3rd party support that really helps a console out, so many people might be all over the ps4 this gen.

13. Osha

Osha Weh

Jun 19, 2012
    France
    It looks retro and I can put stuff on it.

14. abdelmajidtolba

abdelmajidtolba Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2011
    Mauritania
    Saudi Arabia
    the superior thingy is just a load of bullcrap, it's a self intellectual masturbation to convince manufacturers.
    for now screens or it didn't happen .
    we're now up to seventh generation so this kiddy allegations will not work against us this time....

15. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Why is this on the frontpage? Articles on Forbes can be submitted by anyone, there's no credibility there. You might as well be linking to some random Wordpress blog.

EZ-Megaman, mrnintendo15 and Gahars like this.
  16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You have to consider the fact that the XBox One's operating system will take up more resources than the PS4's. Moreover, although both use the Jaguar infrastructure for the CPU, the Radeons embedded will both be customized, so there may be some substantial differences there. Additionally there's the question of memory management - the PS4 has GDDR5 memory, the XBox One has DDR3 with the addition of some embedded memory of various types to "catch up". All these apparently "minor" differences could very well shift the balance of power in terms of raw performance.

17. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Let's wait until the systems actually release and we can compare games instead of drawing conclusions six months before launch. These differences may very well result in a noticeable difference in multiplats but it's too early to say.

18. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Killer Instinct?

19. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    That only applies to like features in the game, content and such.

See, whenever I hear Call of Duty Ghosts, I always think of:

Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  20. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Finally! It will get loads of gaems :D

but woah.. I cannot think of ONE single positive thing about the Xbone :/ Its like I gotta get to the point where I have to do PHD to realise what is good about Xbone.