Foratting 2 gig MicroSD card for M3 Lite

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Hammyface, Aug 25, 2008.

Aug 25, 2008
  1. Hammyface
    OP

Member Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey guys, I bought the M3 Lite because it was highly recommended here as it's the best GBA slot device that fits flat in a DS lite but has the best game compatibility. It was a bit steep at $80 but I'm very happy with it.

However I have a 1 gig card in it now and want to put a 2 gig card in so I never have to worry about swapping MicroSD cards out again. Anyway, I remember when setting up the 1 gig card I was recommended formatting it in a specific way. I can't remember if it was FAT or FAT32, and I was given a specific Allocation unit size that was best recommended.

I am using a 2 gig Japanese Kingston MicroSD card and simply want to know what File system (FAT or FAT32) would be best, along with the Allocation unit size. This is of course in Windows XP.

Thanks a million!

2. ShiningSaber

Member ShiningSaber Tiger

United States
    I know FAT16 would be best, as its faster and has an upper limit of 2GB or 4GB.
    No idea on the cluster size, though.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I just bought an M3 Perfect recently. You have to format it in FAT32 or games won't boot properly.