For user of Wii (jap console): Punch out and Bloom Box Bash Party

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drbeanz, May 30, 2009.

1. drbeanz
    OP

Newcomer drbeanz Newbie

United States
    I came across several threads about not being able to play Punch Out and Bloom Box Bash Party (both US version ISO).
    I have the same problems too, green/black screens and not working. After checking both Us and Chinese wii hack forums. These are the following I did.

My Wii (Jap) setting:
    Downgrade from 3.4J to 3.2J using the common 3.1-3.4 twilight Princess tutorial (from here or from wiihack forum)
    Softmod only, no chipped, HBC 1.0.1 (the HBC does asks me to update to 1.0.3 and hackmill. But I'm not sure about it. Can anyone give me some ideas?)

1. Use softchip r96 (or like this one from the other thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157550)
    2. Use WIIISOUpdateRemover
    3. Patch the ISO file to cIOS 249 (w/ IOSpatcher 1.0)
    4. Imgburn at 2X

Run the game with the Softchip, choose IOS 249 and enable "remove 002 error"
    And I can play both US games without problems.

I don't know if steps 2 and 3 are necessary or not.

I hope it is not a repost and wish a lot of WII-Jap users get passed the problems.

2. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Softchip R98 can already support punch out when the country flag setting is enabled. No need to patch IOS to 249 whatsoever. It would only be useful if you can come up with a solution for it to run on usb loader under JPN firmware.

Bloom Box already works under USBL ultimate with language set to english... no biggie..

3. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Not so good with wii's, try getting the game and dumping with usb loader or something?

4. drbeanz
    OP

Newcomer drbeanz Newbie

United States
    I don't use USB loader, so it doesn't matter to me.

Anyway, it is good to know these information