For those who still want to shop at Focal Price.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Trigger Rat, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Trigger Rat
    OP

Newcomer Trigger Rat Member

United States
    If u r hesitant to order the back door way or want to read the description and look at the picture of the flash card u r buying then go to this link http://ebay-tr.net/index.htm which is a Focal Price from November. You can add whatever flash cart to ur basket. Open another Tab for Focal Price and go to shopping cart and see the items there. I have made several orders already without any problems.

2. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is it fake? Where are references from official site?

Beware, it may steal your password.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I ordered 2 AK2i's a week or two after they were removed from the FP by using the google cache workaround, and FP sent them.

I was looking at this ebay-tr.net and definately thought it was a phishing website, you can tell the entire website has been downloaded using Teleport Pro in November. Which was done before the flashcarts were removed, so why did the person download the website? as it wasn't to have a work around to order flash carts from FP as they were still on the site then.

However, I was having a look through the FP HTML files before I ordered to see if there was a easier work around. When you click add to cart the page posts form data to a cart page. The trolley is stored in your cookies. On this dodgy looking site it also posts that same data to same the cart page on FocalPrice, and you then end up on the actual FocalPrice site with those items in your cart.

So if you are worried, go to FP and log out. Go to http://ebay-tr.net/index.htm and add the carts to your basket, don't login or go to paypal etc. Close the web browser and load up a fresh one. Go to the official FocalPrice website and the carts will still be in your shopping trolley.

You don't have to enter any passwords etc into the dodgy looking site, so should be fine.

Personally I still prefer to order from DX, solely because it's easier to cancel the order. On DX there's an option to cancel your order. On FP you have to email them to cancel.

4. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So, if you thought is true, I hope Gbatemp do something to this people to punish him such as report to FBI(may not possible) or at least ban this man.