Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the place to share your experiences with the supernatural

i will begin with mine

when i was about 12, i would always wake up in the middle of the night constantly between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. for no apparent reason. one night, i woke up like usual, rubbed my eyes and looked around my room for any sign of the time. i then proceded to look up above my dresser at my doorway and i saw a man's face staring at me... i rub my eyes AGAIN and he is still just standing there. so the next morning, i wake up and ask my parents if either of them had gone to the bathroom that night and neither had gone... a few weeks later they werent home late at night and im talking on the phone to my friend mike and i walk into my room to get my nintendo ds and stuff to watch tv out in the living room and out of nowhere my lamp starts SPAZZING and goes out. i go back into the living room and look into the kitchen and see SOMETHING had opened one of the cabinets that was closed when i had gone into my room. about an hour later i hear a loud boom in my room and my cat freaks out. i call my parents and they, of course, dont believe me and say theyre on the way home. nothing like that ever happened again

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My freaking door opened by itself!
ohmy.gif

(dog behind door)

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I used to have this dream that scared the shit out of me. I was at my grand mother's house with pretty much all of my family when the doorbell rang. I went to answers it and there was a man in a dark cloak on the other side. Then I started to feel things like the dream was reality and after a second or two, I couldn't move. I had the actual sensation of not being able to move and every one in my dream stopped moving(total paralysis). The was only the man with the cloak that could move,but he didn't do anything. And then I was surrounded by nothingness and I was cold. This lasted a few minutes, in which I panicked because I still couldn't move. Then I woke up full of sweat. I had this dream repetitively ever since I moved to my new house.

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just remembered back when i was in 7th grade i was leaving my house to go to the bus stop and it was still dark and i got to the end of my driveway and i felt the presence of a hand on my back and then all of a sudden i was shoved forward off of the property into the street. i have a few more experiences but i will tell them later on

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shlong said:
I've been attacked by all sorts of oddities, hollows and youkai of various descriptions.

Someone has been watching waaaay too much bleach.

On topic, there are no such things as ghosts, poltergeists, or whatever you want to call them. Just people's overactive imaginations. Even in the Bible, there are very few instances of spirits returning, most notably at the transfiguration.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
When I was young (I think I was ~6yo), I shared the rear bedroom with my [older] Brother (My Sister had the small 'box room') in my Parents 2-bedroom home - My Bed was located directly opposite the bedroom door (Brothers bed was over by the window on other side of room) & I remember waking up one night with a start.....
(you know the type of waking up - You're in a deep sleep & suddenly you wake up, eyes open fast & you feel wide awake - no yawning, no slowly opening/closing eyes, no grogginess - just straight open)

I realized there was a dim light in the room & looking @ the clock by the side - it was very early morning, so I turned over (I was lying on my front with my head pointing towards the clock) to see what was causing it

On turning over I glanced @ the bedroom door & saw ....... A Pirate !!!
pirate.png
(don't laugh - it was definitely a pirate)...... I'm talking the usual stereotype pirate of a peg leg, crutch & eye patch (no parrot though IIRC) - A real 'long John Silver' type of pirate

It was just standing there, looking straight at me, then it started to raise it's arm & I quickly pulled up the covers over my head (remember I was very young at the time) & through the covers I could still see the glow .... then the glow just disappeared but I was too scared to pull the covers back down to have another look.

Next thing I remember is that I woke up (again - so I guess I must've fallen asleep) AND I still had the covers over my head & I could see a brighter light through the covers and heard footsteps .......
...............Then my brother quickly pulled the sheets back telling me to get up 'cos it was morning & Mum had been calling for the pass five minutes

That moment he pulled the sheets back really scare the s*** out of me
scared.gif
!!!

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
shlong said:
I've been attacked by all sorts of oddities, hollows and youkai of various descriptions.

Someone has been watching waaaay too much bleach.

On topic, there are no such things as ghosts, poltergeists, or whatever you want to call them. Just people's overactive imaginations. Even in the Bible, there are very few instances of spirits returning, most notably at the transfiguration.

And you can prove this how? Because it happens rarely in the bible? Give me a break. I'm not saying that there are such things as ghosts but they haven't acctually been disproven either.

Back on subject I've seen and heard shit that would give most people a coronary. I just calk it up to being at the wrong place at the right time.

There's more but I'll just tell this one for now.

About 14 years ago I brought my wife at that time girlfriend home to meet my mother. We were all siting in the living room deciding what to get on a pizza. Out of no where a man said my name and every one heard it but my mother. I'll also add that I was the only male in the house at the time. My sister was present and she heard it and her and I swear it sounded like our fathers voice. So how does shit like this happen then?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You used the Bible as reference? You can use Bibles in a lot of very different ways, like to construct a shelve, a dog house, a bench, use it to nourish a fire, kill flies and other annoying insects and etc. But as reference for something?

B

ball2012003

pyrmon24 said:
You used the Bible as reference? You can use Bibles in a lot of very different ways, like to construct a shelve, a dog house, a bench, use it to nourish a fire, kill flies and other annoying insects and etc. But as reference for something?
You're a dumbass.
You could simply state "Don't bring the bible in this.", but making fun of it is to much.

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
pyrmon24 said:
You're a dumbass.
fix'd (Oh, the irony)
Edit: He edited his post. Original post: "Your a dumbass."

He makes a valid point. You can use the Bible for all those reasons.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aw, is little bally sad because I made fun of his little book? Come on, I was just making a joke. I mean, who would ever laugh at a book that says that the Universe is 8000 years old and that, therefore, humans lived alongside dinosaurs?

Again, this is meant to be joke, sorta. So no need to get all upset, kay?

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Aw, is little bally sad because I made fun of his little book? Come on, I was just making a joke. I mean, who would ever laugh at a book that says that the Universe is 8000 years old and that, therefore, humans lived alongside dinosaurs?

This is a bit early, but:

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to start a religious war here, the point was that even in religious texts, there are very few mentions of spirits returning, where you would think of all places that's where they would be the most abundant. I could have just as easily said the Qur'an.

Are there things that happen that we don't know why they happen? Yes. Does this mean there's some mumbo jumbo explanation for them? No. Ancient people believed that a whole bunch of things were supernatural we now don't give a second thought.

Can I conclusively prove that ghosts,etc do not exist? No. Can anyone prove they do exist? No.

Basic Human psychology is wired so that we want to know why things happen. So when we don't, people think of all sorts of things to explain them away. That doesn't make them real.

EDIT: And if we want to keep this factual, the bible never says anything about the age of the universe; the young earth is a later Jewish interpretation only held now by fundamentalists. If your going to argue against something, at least get your facts straight.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was bored in class one day, and I wished the fire alarm would sound. And it did.
ohmy.gif

Sadly, my future attempts at it, and attempts to get my professors to stop talking, were unsuccessful.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Son of Science said:
pyrmon24 said:

This is a bit early, but:

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

No worries, I am no troll, I'm just in a bad mood/bored so I though I'd make a little Bible joke and ball's answers just made me want to laugh even more, so...

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
Not to start a religious war here, the point was that even in religious texts, there are very few mentions of spirits returning, where you would think of all places that's where they would be the most abundant. I could have just as easily said the Qur'an.

Are there things that happen that we don't know why they happen? Yes. Does this mean there's some mumbo jumbo explanation for them? No. Ancient people believed that a whole bunch of things were supernatural we now don't give a second thought.

Can I conclusively prove that ghosts,etc do not exist? No. Can anyone prove they do exist? No.

Basic Human psychology is wired so that we want to know why things happen. So when we don't, people think of all sorts of things to explain them away. That doesn't make them real.

So what your saying is that when something happens like in my case where there is a group of people and 3 out of the 4 hear the same thing, those 3 people are just making it up. That's some pretty sound logic there buddy. Maybe Bush was right when he said there was no recession happening. I'm just being coy with you. I can understand what your trying to get across. All I'm saying and I'm pretty sure you'll agree, everybody has a pretty weird story with no rhyme or reason to explain it.

I don't know what I heard that day and quite frankly I don't want to know. I've said it earlier and I'll say it again I've seen and heard some pretty strange shit and I'd just like it to stop and never happen again.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
By the way, from what I have read about the Qur'an in my religion class, there are no spirits or ghost because every soul is "stored" somewhere(don't remember where). But there are actually another species of creature that possesses free will and that is invisible to us. They would explain all the supernatural stuff. At least, that's what I recall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...