Hacking Suggestion For those who also have trouble with homebrew (atmosphere 2168-0002 error)

Treskatae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get error 2168-0002 or similar errors when trying to use homebrew apps, or trying to install any .nro's or nsp's, this is what I did to fix it. After days of throwing everything at the damn thing, I'm up and running and back to normal. I'll list everything I did, but I'm pretty sure what fixed it is installing ReinX and removing atmosphere AND/OR upgrading my firmware.

• First thing I did was remove Atmosphere and tried setting it up from a fresh download.
  • After that didn't work, I tried launching the homebrew app store by running the nro through goldleaf (people online were saying you have to do this because there's not enough memory in applet mode).
  • After that also didn't work and I tried to weasel my way around it 6 ways from Sunday, I nuked my sd card totally reformatted. First I formatted through the Switch's options, then I formatted to FAT32 via PC. Then I tried building a whole new SD card from the set-up. Surely it would work this time.
  • You get the idea by now it didn't work of course it didn't. So then I tried just installing ReinX and hbmenu to see if I could do that.
  • It worked! Just kidding. It didn't work either. At first. First it wouldn't let me into the menu at all. Title override was not functioning. I read that you can get around this by using hekate, so I installed all that stuff. This caused ReinX to hang after the first splash image. Something told me I should try again, but copy over the ReinX files from the sd builder with the files I had downloaded directly from ReinX's website.
Finally I was able to get into the menu, get into the app store, and tried installing something. After homebrew installs causing my Switch to crash 379 times I just knew it was going to crash again. But it didn't. What a freaking escapade just to use a different SD card.

Only problem I have now is that Goldbricks either freezes when I connect to USB, or it can't find any files. I'm using an alternative method that works fine, though.

The problem started after I tried using a new SD.

Treskatae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not able to do a title override, it just launched the app as normal no matter what. I ended up completely stripping the sd card completely, and putting vanilla atmosphere on there instead of kosmos and haven't had issues since.

rubensk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting this kind of error on awoo and goldleaf: When i start on Applet Mode it shows this crash i have to press R over a game to awoo works installing the nsps , but goldleaf crash atmosphere when i pick updates on the goldleaf updates i dont know whaat could be the problem recently i instaled salty sd and a lot of cheat carpets and start to happen.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting this kind of error on awoo and goldleaf: When i start on Applet Mode it shows this crash i have to press R over a game to awoo works installing the nsps , but goldleaf crash atmosphere when i pick updates on the goldleaf updates i dont know whaat could be the problem recently i instaled salty sd and a lot of cheat carpets and start to happen.
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer because of the reasons you just mentioned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol