Hacking For Those Attempting Downgrades...

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,261
  • Replies 7
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted User

OP
FOR THE LOVE OF DOG, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE TRYING TO DOWNGRADE.

The first step of this process is to get some of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Sense_(pamphlet)

Once you have your trusty Common Sense™, I advise visiting one of the numerous threads that have popped up explaining why bricks may happen. This will show you the most common and preventable methods of bricking, and will also give you insight on how your model of 3DS and currently installed firmware may react to the sysUpdater.

According to the to the Reddit thread, apparently a few people got Memchunkhax2 to reliably work on Old 3DS models. New 3DS models are untested and you encroach a dangerous realm of bricked devices if you install important files just willy-nilly. It is very much recommended that you have a hardmodded device so that you can install a NAND backup of your system in case of failure. If you hard brick your device without a modchip to restore a backup with, you are SOL.

For instructions on how to downgrade, go here, where Sgt. Lulz has written a very good set of instructions below the MenuHax tutorial..
  • If your console bricks but you can boot into recovery mode by holding down the following combination of keys: A+R+L+Up(DPad). This is a softbrick. You have dun goof'ed, but the Nintendo gods have chosen not to punish you for your insolence. Be grateful, return to System Menu 10.3, and wait for a safer method to arise.
  • If your console bricks and cannot boot into this recovery mode, you now have a hardbrick. There is not a way to solve this without ordering special hardware online to mod your 3DS.
  • If you successfully downgraded, woo! You are very lucky. Go through and ensure everything is functional, as some have reported the NATIVE_FIRM (aka the part of the system menu version that controls what software can run) isn't written to.
I usually don't respond to stuff, but I'm currently lying in bed and have not being feeling well, so perhaps I'm a bit curmudgeonly :P

SO PLEASE, STOP MAKING THREADS. YES, YOU BRICKED IT. GET OVER THE FACT THAT YOU DID SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND OR THAT YOU GOT UNLUCKY.

Reactions: Kioku and mutinize

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I have this thing on my downgraded 2DS where cannot run cia installer in emunand if it's not injected into H&S app. It's/has something to do with the NATIVE_FIRM not being updated? (I don't think so as it only happens in emunand and after an emunand update to 10.3 is still doing it)

Not much of a hassle, but I really want to check if everything is going well inside the oldie.

Something like "Syscheck" for the wii could be very very useful.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The devs made a huge mistake by releasing the tools so early IMO.

Is kinda funny to watch, though. I mean, some bricks need to be caused in order to progress. Look what happened to that CFW install issues after the first successful downgrades, they were discovered by rushing, reckless users with hope. And those users could get back to 10.3 safely by updating. So I'm not saying releasing the tools so early was intentional, but it kinda was helpful in it's twisted way.

Rattor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The devs made a huge mistake by releasing the tools so early IMO.
They didn't release the tools. Some enterprising individuals took their public github repo and compiled it themselves, posted the files, and when people started posting of soft and hard bricks, the devs worked to figure out why and quickly release incremental updates to try to stop the most blatant causes of bricks. I actually commend them for how quickly they're nailing down causes of instability and bricks and releasing updates to the tools to address them.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb
D

Deleted User

OP
I actually commend them for how quickly they're nailing down causes of instability and bricks and releasing updates to the tools to address them.

This a million times! As a developer, working on something quickly can be stressful. Even if it isn't your fault, the thought of a bunch of dead hardware that is the result of your code is painful to think about.

There will be a safe way to downgrade, I guarantee it. It could take a week, it could take months. If you aren't willing to risk a brick, then don't bother trying experimental stuff.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm over all these fucking threads as well isn't there a CFW in the works for 10.3 anyway, much safer to have Patience

Well in all fairness, you won't get full CPU access meaning SNES emulators will run a lot slower just using a CF in 10.3

I am going to personally wait until full CPU access is achieved on the new3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte