• Total voters

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, comparison, get a sc-lite and high speed 1GB card. by the time this argument is over, it'll be the same price as a G6 small (err. sorry 4Gbit).

And for the record 'Fith Elemment' is right in saying, people have noted the sc-lite with a fast card runs Tony hawks better than G6-lite... see 'sneefs' (a respected member of the community) comments at scdev.com .

There is no reason to get a G6-lite small at all. Gba is dead.
Gba isn't dead for people who weren't playing gba games during it's time. (like me)

doodad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
meangreenie said:
And for the record 'Fith Elemment' is right in saying, people have noted the sc-lite with a fast card runs Tony hawks better than G6-lite... see 'sneefs' (a respected member of the community) comments at scdev.com .
sneef (a respected member of the community) at scdev.com, which I will henceforth refer to him by as apparently it is an important qualifier, is not "people". I have read sneef (a respected member of the community) at scdev.com's post, and he says, "I have no scientific data to uphold these findings, but my assesment is that (in-game performance-wise) my supercard lite performs as well, if not better than, my G6 lite."

Well there you have it boys and girls, irrefutable conjecture direct from the research labs of sneef (a respected member of the community) at scdev.com. You wanna know what my assessment is? I own the game in question, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, and I do not notice any difference in performance between the actual game cartridge and the rom playing from a G6 Lite. Perhaps the SC Lite improves upon perfection?

Hero-Linkdoodad, i'm sorry but that isnt actually perfect language around here. please edit you post, before anything goes "wrong" :\
Oh great, a member of the High and Mighty Society. I quote from the forum rules: "Please use common sense and don't post explicit profanity, we are not strict on the use of swearing but please show respect for the members of GBAtemp." Now, if some Nazi moderator wants me banned for using the word "motherfucker" in a joking manner so be it. I'll live.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You should quote the whole post, not just the bit's you want. Generally he was saying the his G6 didn't feel quite right or not as smooth.

But here is an apology for you're obviously hurt feelings............. 'empty' ........ there you go, hope it made you feel better.

bennyx8903

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for those that hav SCL, how does it look on a DSL? does it stick out at all? cus in the pictures it seems like its sticking out a tiny bit. and how about the color? does it match the white DS perfectly? cus i kno G6 looks perfect with DSL

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SuperCard Lite sits flush with the DS Lite. It matches the color perfect it just doesn't have the same glossy look but that’s not a problem as its not noticeable at all. Below are some hi-res screens of the DS Lite with the SuperCar Lite inside.

supercardlitepicvl2.jpg

sclitesidecy0.jpg

sclitecartfu8.jpg

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
These threads are essentially useless as no one will recommend against what they already have. Everyone wants to feel justified in their purchase and will go to great lengths to dust the flaws under the rugs.

Can't say I'm not guilty of this myself.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah right Outphase, you know you are a SuperCard lover! Hell you even wrote that M3 to SuperCard save transfer to pull all your soon to be cronies over to the SuperCard side! You can't go a day without trying to convert an M3 owner! I bet you sleep with your flashcart under your pillow don't you, DON'T YOU!

It's all good, LMFAO!
nyanya.gif

FifthE1ement
nds.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah right Outphase, you know you are a SuperCard lover! Hell you even wrote that M3 to SuperCard save transfer to pull all your soon to be cronies over to the SuperCard side! You can't go a day without trying to convert an M3 owner! I bet you sleep with your flashcart under your pillow don't you, DON'T YOU!

It's all good, LMFAO!Â
nyanya.gif

FifthE1ementÂ
nds.gif

You do know that I don't own a supercard and never have right? btw, that wasn't an M3->SC save converter, it was a AR,M3,GS,VBA->G6 converter.
smile.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got both cards but i like the g6 better, thats what this topic is about right?

and yes i still play gba games, just because i didnt have a flashcard in that time so i missed some great titles.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pink cover would be for my gf, and yes I do think 1 main pt of course for the new cards is fitting flush, no question about that. But in my opinion, that doesn't help much if you put it on let's say a pink ds lite (gf's) or mine (navy blue) since the white sticks out like a sore thumb. But hey to each their own because to me blending in means a bit more than not sticking out. Nevertheless really a lot of options coming out in the future and I've been constantly playing around with these card options and there is one thing that's for sure, I don't feel that there is a "perfect" card out that's either announced or in the market....they're all catered toward different segments of the same market. People should just educate themselves on the different carts and pick the right one according to their needs.

wolfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dont know how SC
i play only GBA & DS , no homebrew (i prefer my PSP for this)

and so i can only say , the G6lite is a dream , everything work perfect , gba , DS , i cant imagine better , thats all
biggrin.gif

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a SuperCard SD and a G6 Lite over here. Granted the SClite may run a bit cleaner than their SD version (which I have a high speed card for) but I find myself leaning towards the G6 a bit more these days.

You'd probably be more than happy with either card and it really just comes down to which one you want. I went for the G6 mainly because there are quite a few GBA games that I'd still like to get through (and from everything I had read at the time, the G6 was the card to get if I didn't want to deal with slowdown). DS homebrew doesn't really matter to me; I use my psp for that.

I've been more than happy with my G6 & haven't had any of the reported problems with it.

*knocks on wood*

etresed

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're getting the G6 in china you might get the 9 or so DVDs full of roms, if so I'd go for that.

Both of them are good.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recommend the G6 enough. Only bad thing you could ever say about it is the maximum 500 MB of space, but thats even a positive for me as it makes me choose more wisely and make sure I definitely want to play a game if I have it on there, which makes me concentrate on only a few. It's like sure, if you had a gigabyte you could have megaman zeros 1-4 and rockman ZX on there, every metroid ever made, both mario and luigi games, mario golf AND mario tennis, and thats wonderful sometimes, like when you dont have access to a computer. But since having the G6 lite, I realized I'm happier only being able to play megaman zero, metroid fusion instead of both fusion and zero mission, and only the GBA version of mario and luigi. When I beat those, I can easily move on tto the next ones, and I'm personally happier that way. Also, since I choose not to have DS mario+luigi, thats like 60 MB of more space already which I can put other single games in trilogys or quadrilogies...if thats a word.

Daremo_23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been an avid supercard user since the way back times. its very easy to use, great support, constant updates to improve products, and the cost of the upgradeable TF cards make this a no brainer...for me at least. you can pick up small 128 or 256 TF cards cheap and keep em like multi game carts. i have several flash carts and for me they area pain in the A$$. fixed memeory size and you need a linker, or flasher or something. SC needs a card reader and files. done.

bennyx8903

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ppl kept mentioning homebrews compatibility, what homebrews are good enough to make supercard standout? (since i nvr used any homebrews, any homebrew in particular is a must hav?)

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ppl kept mentioning homebrews compatibility, what homebrews are good enough to make supercard standout? (since i nvr used any homebrews, any homebrew in particular is a must hav?)

Loads of stuff, including MSN, Doom, Scumm ect ect. All homebrew works on SC, where the G6 generally works with none out of the box, but a few brews like Moonshell get special versions for G6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.