Hacking For the CFW/piracy hopefuls...wait or upgrade to 3.60?

Diaz34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for a piracy enabling CFW like on the PSP

Should I wait on 3.15 or is there a better chance of someone making CFW on 3.60 with HENkaku?

Don't wanna miss the 3.60 train in case Sony patches it, or could i upgrade anytime to 3.60 even if sony releases 3.61? do system updates have to be from sony servers?

and thanks

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that we're gonna get backup loading soon. If we utilize the same methods that the Cobra Blackfin uses (eg loading a legit game and then switching the encrypted code or something like that to allow the backup through).

Anyways, get hype.

Diaz34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update manually to 3.60 even after a newer firmware releases.

So it's not like iphone where your upgrade has to be validated online by apple before installing? good good
I think that we're gonna get backup loading soon. If we utilize the same methods that the Cobra Blackfin uses (eg loading a legit game and then switching the encrypted code or something like that to allow the backup through).

Anyways, get hype.

you think back up loading will come soon? been waiting for years man lol, my PS Vita is basically decoration at this point

Reactions: Subtle Demise

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Diaz34

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyways, get hype.

No... The Blackfin functions by not bypassing any DRM (Sky3DS is a comparable example from the 3DS side). It needs a network with the appropriate licenses available to be checked because it still operates under the same restrictions as the usual system.

It does not, in anyway, help with actual backup loading.

Diaz34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... The Blackfin functions by not bypassing any DRM (Sky3DS is a comparable example from the 3DS side). It needs a network with the appropriate licenses available to be checked because it still operates under the same restrictions as the usual system.

It does not, in anyway, help with actual backup loading.

Has there ever been any DRM bypassing? is it theoretically possible with HENkaku?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Tom figured it out but didn't release it yet. He replaced an opening movie with a Rickroll movie, something that, up to now, hasn't been possible.
We'll have to wait for him to release it, or someone else finding the same method. We'll also have to see what kind of capabilities his method has.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's to hoping that HENkaku gets ported to lower firmwares and some type of firmware spoofer is made to mimic being on the newest firmware.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like post like this should be reported, this site already has anti piracy rules and still talk about it as if ignoring it. Sure we are not allowed to link to any copyright material, we can discuss it, but openly just saying. "I want piracy on my game console." Why? It doesn't change what is already gonna happen in the future, and asking when or if it will is unnecessary. It happens when and if it happens. It shouldn't be too hard to understand that even less than %10 brain power can get that concept. All it means is that you openly support piracy. While is not my business, and i am not talking down on anyone who does, is their right and decison to do so but many people have very negative responses about it and probably should be kept to themself since it may lead to problem.

Unless the title is asking if they should upgrade to the new firmware expecting piracy, or stay on current firmware to continue using piracy, if you know what you want and know how to get it, then it should be a easy decision.

If newer firmware gets released, you know is probably to fix any exploits in previous versions, with people telling you not to update the firmware if you want to keep using exploit until someone has confirmed it assurance that it will continue working and survive firmware patch exploit, and people will always continue trying to find newer ones anyway.

If you want homebrew, then don't update your system when new firmware comes out and someone says is okay. If you want to update cause you know it requires access to the online features and store purchases then you know what you have to do. If you haven't figured it out yet, then just keep waiting until you made a decision.

cmbeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Tom figured it out but didn't release it yet. He replaced an opening movie with a Rickroll movie, something that, up to now, hasn't been possible.
We'll have to wait for him to release it, or someone else finding the same method. We'll also have to see what kind of capabilities his method has.
Not really all he found was a way around pfs layer of encryption (which we could already do on previous firmwares) there is still the npdrm that needs to be cracked.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently there's a way to re-encrypt now that there wasn't before. Would like a tutorial on how to do this. You can do mostly complete (but not full) hacks for some games with this only; I'd like to try it.
NPDRM = the encryption that applies to EBOOTs, had to look that one up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them