Gaming For the banned: New Dashboard fixes Game Installs.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Today was the day they released the dashboard update. The one that allows you to treat a USB drive as a glorified memory unit.

For those that are banned off of Xbox Live, you can snag the update, put it onto a flash drive and update your 360 that way. The plus side to doing this? It undoes the lock out the ban caused, allowing you to install games to your hard drive once more! I got it and tried it out myself. I immediately tried installing Final Fantasy XIII to my hard drive, and it indeed installed. Only thing is that the current firmware on the internet to download doesn't have Avatar data so your avatars and such will be erased. If it can be restored later I don't know, and I don't know how it interferes with games that use Avatars.

Also obviously, but just in case: Do not use the update on a JTAG 360. Period.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, you get unbanned?!
ohmy.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Arctic said:
Wait, you get unbanned?!
ohmy.gif

Was that sarcastic? Hard to call...

Anyway, it does not unban you. It just uncripples your HDD. I just wonder... my console is banned and can no longer connect to LIVE (obviously) but it hasn't been getting updates since either... so does that mean I have to use USB to update it with this update?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
petspaps said:
yer there fine, its the custom avatars ive been reading about their gone, gotta go online to get em again.

great, i can sacrifice those, i mean this could be useful transferring saves and gamer profiles, now to find the offline update download

thanks

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yes. thank god. finally a way to fill up my 120gb.sucks cause i got banned without even making a single download so, it's pretty much empty. thanks for the heads up.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Extremely suspicious file"- if the file is able to be run and in doing so messes up your xbox (and as such dodging the MS security) I dare say you could sell the box off at a price beyond that of a new one.

Anyhow hard drive installs is great but does anyone know if it also returns game signing ability that is also lost on crippled boxes?

As for JTAG boxes obviously I am not going to run it (USB loading- fancy that......) but does anyone know if the virtual efuses holds as protection?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs